Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Oh my goodness. Came in to see some friends that used to be on here for some info on how everyone is doing. I see it's become a highway of discourse. No wonder they left. Can't believe BYC allowing this. Not supposed to be political at all. Came on to share with my friends that I got my second shot...no adverse reaction what so ever. The only thing I'll say that may be taken even a little bit political is ..this virus, is still hard to understand for them. Think about it. The whole world of Scientists are trying their hardest to beat this thing. It's smart. Varients now. It will be a long time before it's even remotely understood. The best we can do is go with what they've come to...see...happen. I don't believe for one second that the Scientists are holding anything back..for money. No way. They want to beat this thing. Government? Why blame anyone? They're all at a loss with this...thing!
Good to hear you are getting your second shot @Cynthia12. Best wishes for your continued good health. As for Massachusetts, schools have been pretty much all remote for about a year. They are just now opening up more and more. However, some school districts did the hybrid thing so kids were in their classroom together 2 days a week. Unfortunately Covid-19 is infecting the younger age groups now so hopefully the schools can survive this.

Good to hear you are getting your second shot @Cynthia12. Best wishes for your continued good health. As for Massachusetts, schools have been pretty much all remote for about a year. They are just now opening up more and more. However, some school districts did the hybrid thing so kids were in their classroom together 2 days a week. Unfortunately Covid-19 is infecting the younger age groups now so hopefully the schools can survive this.
Thank you..I already got my second..no bad affects..at all! Nothing happened. I was a bit worried. Thankful of course. Our schools have been open for months..all through the winter. And yes, those varients are attacking the younger folks. Older folks aren't getting sick now..they have their vaccine done.. does that say something about the vaccines being good against the varients? Who knows, but does appear so. Now I'll worry about my kids that are in their 40's. And my grandchildren in school. Man this ..thing... sucks. Yep, an old lady using the word ... sucks. (I have a lot of kids and grandkids. lol ). Take care everyone. Our state just lifted the mask mandate last week.

DD#2 getting her second shot Tue I'm going with her for my first, Pfizer . I was scheduled for last Fri Johnson and Johnson but that was banned. Was scheduled week before but was put on mandatory quarantine for coming into contact with someone so had to skip that day also.
Son waited for the Johnson and Johnson.. waited because it was a one time thing, plus not supposed to get side affects. Well, he got real sick. Found out the next day that Colorado had closed an area giving them..out of an abundance of caution, because they after all weren't supposed to get dizzy or nauseous. That's all those folks had. Now..blood clots. Only a few. More people get clots and die with the Covid. Heart attacks. I have a friend that got covid. She started having pain in her left side. Thought, well, I have covid, don't ignore it. Went to the hospital. Yep, big ol clot. They told her that she was smart, coming early saved her, that a lot of folks put it off and died because clots headed for the heart.

Son waited for the Johnson and Johnson.. waited because it was a one time thing, plus not supposed to get side affects. Well, he got real sick. Found out the next day that Colorado had closed an area giving them..out of an abundance of caution, because they after all weren't supposed to get dizzy or nauseous. That's all those folks had. Now..blood clots. Only a few. More people get clots and die with the Covid. Heart attacks. I have a friend that got covid. She started having pain in her left side. Thought, well, I have covid, don't ignore it. Went to the hospital. Yep, big ol clot. They told her that she was smart, coming early saved her, that a lot of folks put it off and died because clots headed for the heart.
Not disagreeing, just a technical note. Although most of those clots WILL go to the heart, they pass through the right side and lodge in the lung. Depending on the size, it can be nothing, shortness of breath or fatal.
Point being, watch for pain and swelling, especially in the legs. Of course, that could be caused by a lot of things so don't panic. Ya'll be careful, keep your heads about you and be kind to each other.
😘

Not in california.
I'm not sure how NYC is doing it whether they are open full time or part time.
All the rest of the state each school district opened how they felt was best. Some full time some every other day and parents were given the option to still keep their kids home with virtual learning (we opted for that until last Fri now they are all going)
Our school has been since Sept all elementary every day and junior and senior high every other day, half go one day other next.
Our kids school is having a online survey and zoom meetings with parents on the older kids starting everyday next week for rest of year. School district here sounds like they want parents input. Before school started last Sept they did same thing.
Doesn't sound like some places including California want any parent input from what I've heard.

does that say something about the vaccines being good against the varients?
I know that's not what I'm addressing, just snapping a snippet of your comment out of context but has some words that has to do with my next comment, hope you don't mind.
Son waited for the Johnson and Johnson.. waited because it was a one time thing, plus not supposed to get side affects. Well, he got real sick.
Three reasons I wanted the JJ was one (besides the one and done) I've heard many say less side effects. DW had JJ except for them jabbing her into the shoulder bone no side effects, DD#2 with the Moderna none either but from most I've heard JJ better on it and she's only 17 so I don't think she counts?
Two I personally like the way JJ was made in comparison to the other's, more of a traditional method that has a track record , other one's/methods have never been approved before.
Three, while I've heard JJ isn't as good % wise as the other's (I'm not going to look up or make up #s here but it's well documented) JJ (and here's why I quoted out of context) JJ has been shown to be much better than the other's on the variants. I'm kinda concerned about the variants, that's pretty much what viruses do, mutate.
Well with JJ still unavailable I'm just going to get jabbed tomorrow with DD#2 getting her second shot, I have to drive her there anyway.

I'm kinda looking at this personally a lot like I did several yrs ago when I was watching tv downstairs rest of family sleeping upstairs. Heard screaming, bat flying around in their rooms while they sleeping. Took awhile but I caught and killed bat with kids butterfly net.
Next day DW googling, says "did you know most people who have died of rabies were people that were bit by bats while they were sleeping and didn't know it?"
So they decided all of them going to get rabies vaccination.
I wasn't going to get it, ... I was around many many adult beverages when chasing bat, know it landed on my neck/back at one point, could it have bit me? IDK???
Got thinking about it and then joined family for the rabies vaccination, I didn't want to be the only dead one.
How I feel about this covid stuff.

I understand the skeptics, I'm one also but going to roll the dice like I said. I'm prob not on same page being previously military, jabbed, actually shot, air shots of vaccines with IDK what back in '94.
I think they were all legitimate but IDK?

What was up with all those weird things happening during Iraq war sickness, Desert storm illness? Many of my friends think it came from the the vaccinations they received,
"The illness known as Gulf war syndrome looks likely to have been caused by an illegal vaccine "booster" given by the Ministry of Defence to protect soldiers against biological weapons, according to the results of a new series of tests."
Maybe, maybe not IDK?......

Back
Top Bottom