Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I agree with the RebeccaRN of last month, who said:

People are much smarter than your giving them credit for. They are able to sort through ALL information despite what you think and make informed decisions for themselves. They dont need you or anyone else sensoring their information for them.

No, that's not true. Just one example is the J&J vaccine being paused due to blood clots - that was all over the regular news outlets. And there are plenty more "mainstream media" news stories about safety concerns. There is also news about safety concerns of ivermectin and HCQ.

That aside, the omission of a topic from a specific news source is not "censoring". Media are private businesses and they can choose what news content they publish.

No, that's not true. Just one example is the J&J vaccine being paused due to blood clots - that was all over the regular news outlets. And there are plenty more "mainstream media" news stories about safety concerns. There is also news about safety concerns of ivermectin and HCQ.

That aside, the omission of a topic from a specific news source is not "censoring". Media are private businesses and they can choose what news content they publish.
It is censoring when people are being threatened if they tell information contrary to the narrative being pushed and many physicians and scientists are coming forward saying just that. Funny how they talk about J&J's rare blood clot problems when the other 2 vaccines have caused death, miscarriages and many other things. They only tell you what they want you to hear. If you want to believe hook line and sinker thats your business but people have a right to know ALL the facts before making a decision

People being threatened is intimidation, not censorship. But anyway.

I agree with you, people need to seek out the pros and cons of every medical decision and make informed decisions; and I think people are doing that. Anti-vaxxers preaching their anti-vax views are working against their own self-interest because fewer shots in arms means more mutations of the virus, more variants- possibly dangerous ones, more sickness and death, more economic hardships, more restrictions, more Zoom classes for kids, etc.

Those of us who are pro-vax have a self-interest in increasing vaccine take rates because it impacts how quickly we (and everyone) can get back to normal. That's the difference. Persuading others to get vaccinated IS in my self-interest (as well as others); persuading others to NOT get vaccinated is NOT in anyone's interest. Again, assuming everyone has done their due diligence in learning about the risks.

People being threatened is intimidation, not censorship. But anyway.

I agree with you, people need to seek out the pros and cons of every medical decision and make informed decisions; and I think people are doing that. Anti-vaxxers preaching their anti-vax views are working against their own self-interest because fewer shots in arms means more mutations of the virus, more variants- possibly dangerous ones, more sickness and death, more economic hardships, more restrictions, more Zoom classes for kids, etc.

Those of us who are pro-vax have a self-interest in increasing vaccine take rates because it impacts how quickly we (and everyone) can get back to normal. That's the difference. Persuading others to get vaccinated IS in my self-interest (as well as others); persuading others to NOT get vaccinated is NOT in anyone's interest. Again, assuming everyone has done their due diligence in learning about the risks.
Threatening in order to stop information from getting out , shutting down sites or social media accounts is censoring. Stop calling me an anti Vaxer, I've received every safe and throughly tested vaccine available and when this vax has been done the same I may get this one too but that day is far in the future. Until then I will continue to keep my own immune system healthy and hope I get the virus so I will have immunity to the the entire virus and not just the spike protein. The vaccine isn't necessary to achieve herd immunity so stop spouting that lie. We have vaccinated over 75% of the elderly and high risk so you can relax. Things are getting back to normal

Last edited:
In the context of this thread, the "coronavirus impacts in your daily life" thread, you are an anti-vaxxer. But I was referring to anti-vaxxers, plural, meaning, in general.

"The vaccine isn't necessary to achieve herd immunity so stop spouting that lie."

You're right. The alternative to vaccines is for many, many more people to suffer sickness and potentially long-term health impacts and many will die. I am not in favor of that route.

In the context of this thread, the "coronavirus impacts in your daily life" thread, you are an anti-vaxxer. But I was referring to anti-vaxxers, plural, meaning, in general.

"The vaccine isn't necessary to achieve herd immunity so stop spouting that lie."

You're right. The alternative to vaccines is for many, many more people to suffer sickness and potentially long-term health impacts and many will die. I am not in favor of that route.
They have been told how to keep their immune system strong in order to get the virus and get over it so there is no need for all the suffering and long term effects if you are healthy. If your not healthy or your elderly then yes please get the vaccine. My problem is only looking at the vaccine to save you when there are numerous things healthy people can do to keep from dying or suffering from long term effects. If your healthy its better to just get the virus and get over it building natural and long lasting immunity

Back
Top Bottom