Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

VAERS is raw, unverified data. Anyone can submit a report; in fact, to prove that point, people have been submitting absurd reports and automatically get included in the database (not saying this is one of those, just saying it's incredibly easy to post anything in there.)

Caution to those who have been watching Tucker Carlson lately.

View attachment 2654465
Don't watch Fox news, only Newsmax and OAN, oh and Flash Point

Of course they are gonna say that in the face of evidence contrary. Pay no attention to the facts just believe what we tell you.

Don't watch Fox news, only Newsmax and OAN, oh and Flash Point
Here's some facts about OAN, for those who might be curious.

The channel’s willingness to do stories without a factual basis seems to know no bounds. The channel amplifies hoaxes that, before, were usually sitting on the margins of the internet. For example, theories about the global ambitions of liberal megadonor George Soros, Bill Gates, and other wealthy people that the channel has run haven’t appeared anywhere else but on message boards and fringe-right Twitter and Instagram accounts.

It’s unclear if the channel has a fact-checking process.

Here's some facts about OAN, for those who might be curious.

The channel’s willingness to do stories without a factual basis seems to know no bounds. The channel amplifies hoaxes that, before, were usually sitting on the margins of the internet. For example, theories about the global ambitions of liberal megadonor George Soros, Bill Gates, and other wealthy people that the channel has run haven’t appeared anywhere else but on message boards and fringe-right Twitter and Instagram accounts.

It’s unclear if the channel has a fact-checking process.
Why are you trashing on OAN? Main stream media only gives you their version of a story might you consider there is more out there that they aren't telling you

Why are you trashing on OAN? Main stream media only gives you their version of a story might you consider there is more out there that they aren't telling you
I agree with you.

"Main stream media only gives you their version of a story" - I mean, how are they supposed to give any version except the one they produce and broadcast? OAN also only gives *their* version. Of course all of them give only their version. Which is why it is important to choose news sources that have fact-checkers and other means of verifying their information.

"might you consider there is more out there that they aren't telling you" - Yes, absolutely. One single news source can not give every angle of a story. That's why it's important to have a diversity of news perspectives and also try to find news that is not inherently biased by its investors or owners.

I agree it's not easy to find a trustworhty news source. But IMO one that obviously traffics in conspiracy theories it gleans from remote fringes of the internet would not be a choice that I, personally, would accept.

I agree with you.

"Main stream media only gives you their version of a story" - I mean, how are they supposed to give any version except the one they produce and broadcast? OAN also only gives *their* version. Of course all of them give only their version. Which is why it is important to choose news sources that have fact-checkers and other means of verifying their information.

"might you consider there is more out there that they aren't telling you" - Yes, absolutely. One single news source can not give every angle of a story. That's why it's important to have a diversity of news perspectives and also try to find news that is not inherently biased by its investors or owners.

I agree it's not easy to find a trustworhty news source. But IMO one that obviously traffics in conspiracy theories it gleans from remote fringes of the internet would not be a choice that I, personally, would accept.
MSM could try using facts instead of their opinion, or getting facts before running with a story
,they havnt even verified, as if it were true. They have proven themselves to be the arm of the far left putting out only information they want them putting out. News today just isn't the news I grew up watching. We used to be able to trust the nightly news but that is no more.

I agree with you.

They could report only facts, all the facts, and let the American people decide what they think instead of telling us what to think. That's the way the news used to be reported

I cannot say about MSM, I don't watch it. A quick check on media bias factcheck shows this about MSM though:

These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.

• Overall, we rate MSN News strongly Left-Center biased, with most stories coming from Left-Center sources. We also rate them High for factual reporting because the majority of sources used are credible media outlets.

Out of curiosity, I looked what it has for OAN.

A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency, and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact-checked on a per-article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.

• Overall, we rate One America News Questionable based on far-right bias, lack of sourcing, promotion of conspiracy theories, and propaganda, as well as numerous failed fact checks. OAN is not a credible news source.

Back
Top Bottom