Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Or take all the contentious debate to a new thread. ;)
Another idea is everyone who posts here to agrees not to debate. Just like religion and politics, no one changes their mind because of debate and arguing.

Freedom to post articles, and viewpoints, but without criticizing, and demeaning others' views, no matter how much that view is disagreed with.

I fully agree to abide with this, and also apologize to any that I've offended. Signed--geekygourds.

I get my first shot next week. Finally!
We are way behind in most of Europe compared to many states in the US.
For the second shot I have to wait until mid July. So by the end of July I can visit more friends and family again. And even might go on a road trip/holiday.
Congrats!

How has Covid-19 affected my daily life, currently: I and DD are fully vaccinated. Restaurants are increasing their indoor capacity. Entertainment type venues are opening up with reduced occupancy rates but life is getting closer to some semblance of normalcy. The Senior Center is re-opening but with limitations as expected. I'm pretty busy with stuff around the house a.k.a. gardening and yardwork this time of year so no need to occupy a spot at the SC that someone more "isolated" than myself could use. I enjoyed a lovely Mother's Day outing to the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston to see the Monet exhibit and enjoyed a delicious lunch at a restaurant near Concord, Mass. We don't have to wear masks outside if we are socially distanced, but I do unless it's in my yard or my car. To be honest, I like wearing a mask in public. I haven't had a head cold or upper respiratory infection since the pandemic started. I now keep a mask in my work jacket so it's handy when I'm tending to the chickens. And, it helps a little in reducing pollen going up my nose. I feel fortunate that I have made it through the worst of the pandemic and will continue to respect and follow the advice of the scientists and medical personnel who collectively have more science-backed information and experience than our wee brains could ever absorb. This horrible disease thrives via community spread and the best way to combat it is though community cooperation. Stay healthy and be happy!

From follow the money (dutch) ftm.nl

Pfizer is diverting billions in profit via the Netherlands
writer: HENK WILLEM SMITS

Pfizer makes billions from corona vaccines purchased by governments. The vaccines were developed in part thanks to research from universities and are paid for with tax money. But Pfizer prefers to pay as little tax as possible. Via the Netherlands, the company manages to escape the grip of the tax authorities.

Read more with google translate
https://www.ftm.nl/zoeken?query=Pfizer

From follow the money (dutch) ftm.nl

Pfizer is diverting billions in profit via the Netherlands
writer: HENK WILLEM SMITS

Pfizer makes billions from corona vaccines purchased by governments. The vaccines were developed in part thanks to research from universities and are paid for with tax money. But Pfizer prefers to pay as little tax as possible. Via the Netherlands, the company manages to escape the grip of the tax authorities.

Read more with google translate
https://www.ftm.nl/zoeken?query=Pfizer
Sounds about right. Pfizer should be donating vaccine to poor countries, instead they want rich countries to buy the vaccine and donate so it doesn’t affect their profit.

The USA prob should start donating to other countries. I'm against it but right now they are spending billions on nothing. Vaccination sites don't even know how or where to spend the $ they were given just recently.
Got my second dose of Pfizer yesterday afternoon at SUNY Oneonta college, feel fine today.
Now they are set up with prob 50 tables to give vaccines. DW said first time she took DD they were about half staff, second time when I got my first maybe ten spots. This time three. Two people ahead of me and two behind while I was there. I think mass vaccination sites have about wound down here.
Awhile back I know our Pres had mentioned ordering 300 million more doses on top of what we already had.
If we ain't going to use them might as well send them to where they are needed.

The USA prob should start donating to other countries. I'm against it but right now they are spending billions on nothing. Vaccination sites don't even know how or where to spend the $ they were given just recently.
Got my second dose of Pfizer yesterday afternoon at SUNY Oneonta college, feel fine today.
Now they are set up with prob 50 tables to give vaccines. DW said first time she took DD they were about half staff, second time when I got my first maybe ten spots. This time three. Two people ahead of me and two behind while I was there. I think mass vaccination sites have about wound down here.
Awhile back I know our Pres had mentioned ordering 300 million more doses on top of what we already had.
If we ain't going to use them might as well send them to where they are needed.
True

Screenshot 2021-05-13 18.03.23.png

:wee

Back
Top Bottom