Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I'm not up on the leading edge technology but if had happened a couple years ago we may not have been able to do anything nearly as fast. Then years of testing.
When I go back to work in the morning my area will be converted to a Covid Stepdown Unit. Third round for me. May have to look into that backup shot.

I think that people have largely accepted the illnesses that have always been around as immutable, so less money is allocated to research into them. Anyway, there are MANY biological technologies with extreme amounts of unrealized potential. My favorite is induced pluripotent stem cell technology, though it isn't directly related to COVID. I think the world will be very different in 50 years; hopefully it'll be better.

I think that people have largely accepted the illnesses that have always been around as immutable, so less money is allocated to research into them. Anyway, there are MANY biological technologies with extreme amounts of unrealized potential. My favorite is induced pluripotent stem cell technology, though it isn't directly related to COVID. I think the world will be very different in 50 years; hopefully it'll be better.
Some health care scientists predict that within 50 years the young people today can get 130 years old (instead of 80-90) because of this and other techniques.

Who the heck wants to live that long? Retirement set at what, a century?
Think SF. People stay fit and healthy for an extended time and don’t get old before 100 or 120. I suppose I wouldn’t mind to work a few hours every day when I’m still very fit and healthy when I’m 99. That is if the hard work is done by machines and robots.

Now to answer a question that probably wasn't asked. I was getting report from the night RN when the Hospital's Medical director walked up to introduce him self and thank us for reopening the Covid step down Unit.
I told him I had the J&J injection @5 months ago and asked what he thought about getting a booster. I would only consider it because I'm in such close proximity to the patients. He said it is probably too soon but it was obvious the're considering it.

Now to answer a question that probably wasn't asked. I was getting report from the night RN when the Hospital's Medical director walked up to introduce him self and thank us for reopening the Covid step down Unit.
I told him I had the J&J injection @5 months ago and asked what he thought about getting a booster. I would only consider it because I'm in such close proximity to the patients. He said it is probably too soon but it was obvious the're considering it.
I assumed that it will be like flu shots with an annual booster.
When I got my 2 nd Pfizer I told them that I expected to see boosters in 6 months to a year because of variants.

And my county has an increase, recommending masks indoors again.... I have been wearing mine all along, but I only go to town a couple times a month.
Same coming here I'm sure.
They've discovered that vaccinated people can carry quite a viral load,
and thus be able to spread it...which I've suspected all along.
I stopped masking but may well start again.

What seem to cause the ultimate speading with this Delta variant is partying in clubs, bars and other nightly activities with lots of booze and poor ventilation.
When the government in the Netherlands allowed the clubs to open up again for people who where tested negative or had a vaccination , the number of infected people exploded.
Lots of young people with a recent J&J (within a week) vaccination got infected.
They even got a slogan for it: ‘ Dansen met Janssen, meaning Dancing with J&J.

Most people who come in the hospital now with Covid had no vaccination (> 75%).

Now festivals and nightclubs are prohibited again, bars must close at 11 pm and the infections go down rather quick again. Masks are only obliged where people can’t distance like in public transport.

Back
Top Bottom