Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Anybody here actually think we'll hit covid 0 zero? I highly doubt it. IMHO, this is the new normal.
Yes, you are right. This is wide spread all over the world (except new Zealand and maybe Australia). This thing doesn’t go away anymore, not ever.
Best thing to do to keep new variants under control is limiting flying/travelling and international transport for eternity .

Better for the environment too (way less greenhouse gasses).

And it would make a more honest world too, because the work in low paid countries (like Asia) often seems to be a kind of slavery for the people in the Western world.

Yes, you are right. This is wide spread all over the world (except new Zealand and maybe Australia). This thing doesn’t go away anymore, not ever.
Best thing to do to keep new variants under control is limiting flying/travelling and international transport for eternity .

And it would make a more honest world too, because the work in low paid countries (like Asia) often seems to be a kind of slavery for the people in the Western world.
The 1918 flu virus evidence was found in everyone that were still alive, from that era, a couple decades ago. So eventually either it mutated into a less lethal varient or everyone that lived got resistant to it.... since it's not an issue anymore.
I think in a few years the same will happen with this virus. But many people will die if they don't take precautions and vaccine until then.
I am sure another virus will show up in a couple decades or so and we will see if people remember this one and take precautions sooner.

I read that if the whole world was raised to the western standard of living, it would take the resources of 7 earths.

I try to reduce what I buy that is not renewable. I try to repurpose when I can. I don't worry about fashion and am wearing clothes 2 sizes too big around the house. I do have 2 pairs of pants that fit for when I go to town that I bought 8yrs ago.
My TV is analog from last century. I have a used DVD player from my cousin. My used phone is so old more and more apps aren't compatible. When they quit working I will replace.
I did buy a tractor with a loader bucket and mower, when my 30 some year old mower died. More because of my back, but it is a luxury.

Last edited:
The 1918 flu virus evidence was found in everyone that were still alive, from that era, a couple decades ago. So eventually either it mutated into a less lethal varient or everyone that lived got resistant to it.... since it's not an issue anymore.
I think in a few years the same will happen with this virus. But many people will die if they don't take precautions and vaccine until then.
I am sure another virus will show up in a couple decades or so and we will see if people remember this one and take precautions sooner.
Kinda hard to compare the 1918 flu to covid 19, with this one with all evidence pointing towards it being made in a lab, and no credible scientific evidence that the covid 19 pandemic was naturally-occurring. The whole CGG-CGG sequence in covid virus dna has never been seen naturally occurring.
https://www.wionews.com/opinions-blogs/evidence-suggests-genetic-manipulation-in-covid-19-303189

In better news, saw yesterday breakthrough cases, vaccinated people that have contracted covid-19,

164,184,080 vaccinated Americans,
Breakthrough hospitalizations; 6,239 = 0.0038%
Breakthrough deaths; 1,263 = .00077%

And even with the delta variant spreading right now and less than half the country vaccinated if you count children, hospitalizations rates are five times fewer right now than where we were six months ago.

I can't agree with that I think we should be fully open.
But on the other hand I actually kinda do agree with that, I've always said the world would be a better place if we lived like the Amish do here. Go back to the horse and buggy days, grow our own food. Get out of the rat race that forces us to have jobs pay bills and taxes just to live, slave to the grind.

Hope so, possibilty is there. Kinda feel like maybe we're moving towards a Star Trek type use a device scan, diagnos, fix. I don't mind being part of the experiment. Just took a foriegn country manufactured virus pandemic possible bio weapon released on purpose maybe on accident we may never know, to put the world's medical field on hyperdrive.
Could you imagine if cancer was given the priority that covid has? Could have done better yrs ago. Priorities.
Like I said, I'm a optimist, reading up on RNA technology I really hope this large scale experimental vaccine has greater potential than just covid.
I want to add Moderna is very bold to release their intentions to make a vaccine for cancer, influenza, and HIV. HIV vaccine and influenza is now in clinical study trial to see if this is the chance to eradicate both virus.

If both are promising, I’m sure their they make that bold move tackle down most cancer disease that plague our population. This technology should have been implemented years ago IMO.

I can't agree with that I think we should be fully open.
But on the other hand I actually kinda do agree with that, I've always said the world would be a better place if we lived like the Amish do here. Go back to the horse and buggy days, grow our own food. Get out of the rat race that forces us to have jobs pay bills and taxes just to live, slave to the grind.
I don’t want to live like humans did a century ago. But limiting traveling and trade (not forbid) would be a good thing for the world and all the creatures who live on this planet.

I don’t want to live like humans did a century ago. But limiting traveling and trade (not forbid) would be a good thing for the world and all the creatures who live on this planet.
I am partial to heat/Air conditioning and hot/cold running water.

Back
Top Bottom