Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

There are waaaaay too many posts for me to get caught up, but I'd thought I'd give an update for my situation...

I had COVID back in December, and I still haven't fully recovered my sense of smell. I can smell fruity things, but everything that's got a "savory" scent smells wrong. And there are still things I can't smell at all. Dr says it likely won't ever come back. And, yes, I tried "smell training." It worked a little, I think, but it didn't cure it.

I'm grateful I didn't have it so bad to get pneumonia, but I do miss smelling things correctly.

You can't spread if you are negative though.
Not taking any chances, I've tested negative on home test no symptoms but DW has now tested positive and is experiencing cold symptoms cough and stuffed up lost smell she was vaccinated with JJ before the short shutdown so we could figure out when if need be was about a week before the JJ shutdown I had been scheduled that next Fri for JJ but shutdown couldn't get it . Had to take DD#2 for her second Pfizer so had DW schedule me for first that Tue following. The way the testing works test negative today could be positive tomorrow and at $7 a pop I ain't testing every day. I'd rather just lay low for a week.

W
Not taking any chances, I've tested negative on home test no symptoms but DW has now tested positive and is experiencing cold symptoms cough and stuffed up lost smell she was vaccinated with JJ before the short shutdown so we could figure out when if need be was about a week before the JJ shutdown I had been scheduled that next Fri for JJ but shutdown couldn't get it . Had to take DD#2 for her second Pfizer so had DW schedule me for first that Tue following. The way the testing works test negative today could be positive tomorrow and at $7 a pop I ain't testing every day. I'd rather just lay low for a week.
here do you find the test for 7 dollars?

There are waaaaay too many posts for me to get caught up, but I'd thought I'd give an update for my situation...

I had COVID back in December, and I still haven't fully recovered my sense of smell. I can smell fruity things, but everything that's got a "savory" scent smells wrong. And there are still things I can't smell at all. Dr says it likely won't ever come back. And, yes, I tried "smell training." It worked a little, I think, but it didn't cure it.

I'm grateful I didn't have it so bad to get pneumonia, but I do miss smelling things correctly.
If you can get the people ivermectin I heard it can help long term covid symptoms.

There is some bad history for minorities with regard to mistreatment by the medical community that make them suspicious. The Tuskegee syphilis experiment is one. I THINK that because the very same vaccine is given to all people of all races/backgrounds/ages (down to 12+), 409 million to date, makes it easier for them to consider the vaccine is not a threat to them.

I would think there would be a lot of consternation if someone came up with an experimental treatment for sickle cell anemia since it is primarily a disease of those with African ancestry.

Vermont did have a lower level of uptake by the BIPOC community of the Covid vaccine in the beginning but it has gotten much better. The latest data shows the white population (94% of the population) has 81% with at least one dose, the black community (1.4%) at 76%. Indigenous (.34%) at 30% and Pacific Islanders (.05%) at 29% is more concerning. Not sure why they are so low.
We'll see what happens in the future. The more the better but I personally don't think it's a cure all when carp tons of people still getting covid so far proves to be pretty good also with less than 1% so far getting it again. So you either had the vaccine, and or soon to be both, or you've had covid.
The whole hesitancy thang, it hasn't been that far back government lied to us... Remember Gulf War Syndrome?
Caused by an illegal vaccine "booster" Squalene given by the Ministry of Defence to protect soldiers against biological weapons. Illegal for use but they used it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom