Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

If ya eat it, yeah. If ya OD on it, also yeah. Broccoli is good for you but if you inject it into your bloodstream you’ll die. ;)

I think it’s time for me to unwatch this thread. It’s devolved from “Covid has made it hard to go to the grocery store” into conspiracy theories punctuated with reality. Not my cuppa ☕️ . Doesn’t it get exhausting at some point, keeping up with other people’s stupidity when one can just focus on how they can keep themselves and their loved ones safe and not make a big stink about everyone else? I think people should get vaccinated, and I support vaccine mandates with exceptions for medical issues, but I also think people need to mind their $!#@ business.

That’s my crotchety thought of the day. Hope y’all stay safe, healthy, and sane. Wear ya mask.
Exactly. Make your own choices and do what you feel is best for your family. Whether you choose to or not your vaccination status is your own business. I hope you stay healthy and safe as well :thumbsup

Anyone else finding it hard to find TP again? I was able to get paper towels yesterday but the shelves for TP were completely empty. Luckily I have a stash but Id rather not deplete it
Last year, when tp was running short, I had a co-worker ask me about my lack of concern. My response to him was: as long as I have running water and a washcloth, why should I panic over a shortage. What surprised me about his question was that he spent a significant portion of his early career in middle eastern countries where washing was much more common than toilet paper; and that solution never occurred to him.

To answer your question, I haven’t shopped for paper goods lately. But it does shock me a little when I see pics posted on-line of all the bare shelves. I’m thankful I haven’t been significantly impacted by shortages, yet.

Actually nobody has told any of us to stay home or quarantine from CDC/health department. We made the decision ourselves to call the school and our work. Ain't they supposed to do contact tracing? I've heard they do, want to know where you've been and who u been around. Been a week since kids tested positive and no word on anything. Wonder why covid cases are worse now than before the vaccine Govt is inept.

That makes three of us in our house vacced and positive. Guess I get another week off from work.
Sorry you tested positive and I hope you don't get sick. NPR this morning was talking about the difference between testing positive for the Sars-cov-2 virus (which is what they are testing for) and actually having a case of Covid. One could get the virus and kick its butt before it has a chance to replicate and make them sick.

But Charmin is made in the usa🤔
Still need truckers and as I understand it that is a big part of the supply chain problem. All those freighters off San Pedro and Long Beach could get unloaded IF there were enough people to drive the stuff away.

Sorry you tested positive and I hope you don't get sick. NPR this morning was talking about the difference between testing positive for the Sars-cov-2 virus (which is what they are testing for) and actually having a case of Covid. One could get the virus and kick its butt before it has a chance to replicate and make them sick.

Still need truckers and as I understand it that is a big part of the supply chain problem. All those freighters off San Pedro and Long Beach could get unloaded IF there were enough people to drive the stuff away.
Now that makes sense. I wonder if people stopped buying all these goods from China if the supply issues at the ports would cease...we try to buy american made products as much as possible but sometimes it is unavoidable. Everything made of plastic comes from China or Taiwan. I think the only reason it is being addressed at all is because of the coming holiday. All those toys gotta get on the shelves somehow.

Back
Top Bottom