Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

And that’s california for you, not one lick of common sense. If it true. I did not fact check it but it sounds like something calif would do.
Sounds newsom-y alright. I dont think its specifically californians that are the problem so much as it is their elected officials who promise one thing and then do the opposite.

Sounds newsom-y alright. I dont think its specifically californians that are the problem so much as it is their elected officials who promise one thing and then do the opposite.
Rules for thee but not for me. I visited CA for my BIL's retirement ceremony from the Coast Guard in 2016. Really enjoyed it, I like the people but not the politics. We (TX) have pockets of lunacy like Harris County but for the most part things are ok.

Apparently it applies to 2010 or newer models. This can be expensive if you are a small company trying to survive.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211024-180538.png
    Screenshot_20211024-180538.png
    477.7 KB · Views: 2
Well I live here and I couldn’t talk one friend into voting to recall newsom, and one owns her own business. I really don’t understand.

Well I live here and I couldn’t talk one friend into voting to recall newsom, and one owns her own business. I really don’t understand.
I don’t like Newsom either. Personally I also didn’t want Elder either.
Many Politicians are a sell out to average Americans. They only care about keeping the rich elite happy.

we try to buy american made products as much as possible but sometimes it is unavoidable.
Nigh on impossible for a lot of items. We have ourselves to blame though buying the most affordable item is also good personal economics. Unfortunately it also means no jobs for people here making things we all buy.

My understanding is that it's not just a shortage of truckers but also requirements by CA that trucks older than 20xx be retrofitted with special equipment which places an additional burden on trucking companies. So trucks are prohibited from entering to pickup or deliver.
Oh, didn't know about that part.

Ain't no profit sitting for a month in port waiting instead of shipping.
Nope but how much profit is lost when they have to pay the Panama Canal fees? And presumably stuff going into Long Beach and San Pedro are generally meant for the west coast? Those goods would still have to be trucked clear across the country.

Apparently it applies to 2010 or newer models. This can be expensive if you are a small company trying to survive.
Ah, looking at the attachment it is related to diesel emissions and the truck owners have until January 2023 to replace the truck or engine. Thus that SHOULDN'T be the cause of our current supply chain problems.

Given Newsome took office in Jan 2019 and those regulations are dated March of the same year, I suspect he had nothing to do with creating them. That sort of thing is in the legislative debate pipeline for a long time before being enacted.

My understanding is that it's not just a shortage of truckers but also requirements by CA that trucks older than 20xx be retrofitted with special equipment which places an additional burden on trucking companies. So trucks are prohibited from entering to pickup or deliver.
I have yet to meet a trucker who wants to go to California. Trucks have to be newer trucks, 10 or 11 years old at the most, drivers has to be vaccinated to drive in California. Then they can only drive 55mph and have to give up 5000 lbs of payload if I understand things correctly.

Some ships are being rerouted to ports in Texas and Louisiana but that is limited to ships that can go through the Panama Canal.

Back
Top Bottom