Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

You choose not too? Not sure why it's so hard for us humans to see that not everyone doesn't think the same, feel the same. I don't get upset with folks that don't. I'll admit I worry for them. But in my old age, I've seen different opinions in a whole lot of different subjects. This one is a big one..for both sides. No judging here. 💞
Bingo, and I don’t get upset being asked to wear a mask. In fact our whole family left Disneyland because one grandkid woke up with a fever and sore throat. We didn’t go into the park in case she had covid. ( she did not, she had a cold)

Covid dodged again. Just got my negative result! Offered to go in to work immediately, but some rule somewhere (probably something with the official Covid leave) says I can’t return until the day after my negative result. Oh well! Taking the ducks on a nice long foraging walk instead.
How sweet, your ducks go on walks with you? Do they behave?

@saysfaa , if you look at the actual statistics, the C-19 vaccine is WAY safer than getting the disease!!!
Mary
I do look at the actual statistics. And look up the footnotes about what the statistics are based on. And compare the statistics of this year vs last year. And compare the statistics in places like Singapore that have very high vax rates vs places that have very low rates of vax.

And not if the covid is actually treated early. As in at least zinc and get up and walk around. Most people I know who go to the doctor early aren't told anything useful (except rest), not even things like that.

How sweet, your ducks go on walks with you? Do they behave?
Mostly! Things were simpler when they were able to free-range under loose supervision. However, we had a bobcat visitor that proved that loose supervision is as good as no supervision. The survivors (all but one) have a nice secure run, but they dearly missed foraging. Hence the walks! I’m sure it’s good for all of us, but it can be a bit of a chore on rainy or especially cold days or on days during which my work hours are excessively long! We are, however, trying to get as many good walks as we can before the snow comes and puts a stop on all ducky fun.

@Ninjasquirrel , you are confusing smallpox with polio. And the smallpox vaccine was never an oral product, like the second effective polio vaccine. Some of us have been there and done that, both, more than once. :old
@saysfaa , if you look at the actual statistics, the C-19 vaccine is WAY safer than getting the disease!!!
Mary
Ah thank you for the correction. I just remember seeing a nova where they talked about missionaries administering vaccines to people in africa

Mostly! Things were simpler when they were able to free-range under loose supervision. However, we had a bobcat visitor that proved that loose supervision is as good as no supervision. The survivors (all but one) have a nice secure run, but they dearly missed foraging. Hence the walks! I’m sure it’s good for all of us, but it can be a bit of a chore on rainy or especially cold days or on days during which my work hours are excessively long! We are, however, trying to get as many good walks as we can before the snow comes and puts a stop on all ducky fun.
I had a bobcat take a duck within about 30 feet of me once. Grabbed the duck and was gone. I know the dogs ran one once or twice after that but it may have been the next year after I got the Airdale Heeler dog.

Smallpox could come back it's being held in labs all it would take is a accidental or purposeful release, just like how the world was exposed to covid-19.
"I feel that someday we are quite likely to see smallpox again. Because it's held in human hands. And human hands are weak. And the human heart has dark corners to it," says Richard Preston.
He's written a book called "The Demon in the Freezer," about how the smallpox virus has been turned into a weapon of mass-destruction.
"Smallpox as a weapon is the biological equivalent of the nuclear bomb. It is simply the most dangerous biological weapon in the world,"
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...AQFnoECAUQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1b5isRBwquzz8OuDE2cciw

Smallpox could come back it's being held in labs all it would take is a accidental or purposeful release, just like how the world was exposed to covid-19.
"I feel that someday we are quite likely to see smallpox again. Because it's held in human hands. And human hands are weak. And the human heart has dark corners to it," says Richard Preston.
He's written a book called "The Demon in the Freezer," about how the smallpox virus has been turned into a weapon of mass-destruction.
"Smallpox as a weapon is the biological equivalent of the nuclear bomb. It is simply the most dangerous biological weapon in the world,"
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...AQFnoECAUQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1b5isRBwquzz8OuDE2cciw
Have you read any of his books?

Smallpox could come back it's being held in labs all it would take is a accidental or purposeful release, ...
This is what scares me about smallpox. I was vaccinated for it when it was still common practice (mid to late ‘60’s). My first niece was born in the mid ‘70’s. Sometime between my getting the vaccine and her birth, it was no longer done as a standard practice. I’ve not met anyone of her generation or younger (admittedly a small pool for me) who have had the small pox vaccine.

All it would take is one broken test tube and one human carrier.

Back
Top Bottom