Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Last edited:
I asked my doctor to test my Vitamin D and Zinc levels (and a couple of others that are less relevant for covid) with the regular yearly testing she wanted. After a month of working on them seriously, I have them up into the normal range, although still on the low end of it.

I'm surprised they are still on the low end - I thought my diet and such were a lot more effective then they must be for these to still be low after the supplements too.

I'm still working on exercise, weight, and sleep - making some progress but not enough to drop my risk down a level yet.

Gargling is easy; nasal rinse, not so much but it isn't too bad after a bit of trial. I used salt water because I can't find the Betadine gargle around here. Or quercetin. I hoped to find some in one of the bigger cities but ended up skipping all shopping. I would rather support local businesses (even if they aren't very local to me, :)) but shortened the trip to carpool with some of the family that are kinda/sorta on the way... just the long weekend there instead of the two weeks I like to spend out there when I go... and 978 miles in one day doesn't leave much time for stops.

The povidone iodine dilution looks simple enough. As do the other options. I don't know what concentration to make the salt water so I'll probably go with one of the substance/strength recommendations. I looked into the mouth fauna issue somewhat - I'm not planning to rinse thoroughly enough to kill everything; just enough to knock back the covid to make it easier for my immune system to keep up in the early stages. It seems people going overboard with rinses to combat bad breath can cause problems; I haven't seen anyone suggesting people stop standard oral care to avoid messing up balances of good/bad microbes in the their mouths. Gargling once or twice a day isn't much different than Mayo's recommendation to use mouthwash after meals as part of good oral care.

I get comments about not wearing a mask
F them, you do you.
Some love the masks some hate them.
What does the data say? Not much, not much change in states or counties or countries that have mandated masks in comparison to those that haven't. No significant difference.
I think it's more important to get the vaccine, booster if it's been more than a few months. And pray IMHO.

F them, you do you.
Some love the masks some hate them.
What does the data say? Not much, not much change in states or counties or countries that have mandated masks in comparison to those that haven't. No significant difference.
I think it's more important to get the vaccine, booster if it's been more than a few months. And pray IMHO.
At one point in time I was approached by a woman that thought that my freedom of smoking a cigarette was abhorrent and she told me that "those things will kill you" i told her Its a damned shame I never learnt how to read

At one point in time I was approached by a woman that thought that my freedom of smoking a cigarette was abhorrent and she told me that "those things will kill you" i told her Its a damned shame I never learnt how to read
I use to smoke. I was up to 4 packs a day. Do to my health issues I am not able to be around smoke. I believe in your right to smoke but not the right to impair me. When folks stand at the entrance way (store, gas station ect..) smoking I am unable to get out of my car or leave the store until the smoke is gone. When they leave the cigarette burning I have to wait. Please be kind to those who can't be around it and be considerate. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom