Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Matfield Green, KS that the nearest grocery store will bring groceries out is irrelevant because the nearest grocery store is 91 miles away.
what are you referring to here?
I said there are places that generally (not specifically grocery stores) do not have the options most people assume everyone has. Many people in the US have some concept of the size of some of our sparsely populated area and come to see the possibility that someone might not have an option. People overseas call centers keep suggesting what the script says no matter now many times you explain it is not an option. Example: "we cannot go to that website because we do not have internet service here" "ok, go to this other website and..."

Something just dawned on me per our previous discussion so I will say one thing and then get back to staceys dilemma. DO NOT BUY THE SO CALLED WORM FREE CASKETS. Supposedly they keep anything from getting in. But they also keep everything from getting out. Once the body starts decaying it releases gases. As those gases build up you basically turn your loved one into a ticking time bomb. The lid eventually blows off. Ok off the soap box. Back to stacey

Something just dawned on me per our previous discussion so I will say one thing and then get back to staceys dilemma. DO NOT BUY THE SO CALLED WORM FREE CASKETS. Supposedly they keep anything from getting in. But they also keep everything from getting out. Once the body starts decaying it releases gases. As those gases build up you basically turn your loved one into a ticking time bomb. The lid eventually blows off. Ok off the soap box. Back to stacey
ninja, did you have a chance to see the few comments of yours i quoted a few pages back? about covid, hiv, and the common cold?

Laughing at the back to Stacey part. Personally I wouldn't want air tight casket. People that do them don't give back to nature. Only my opinion.

How about a bit of dark humour just to give everyone a laugh?

When I returned to the UK having been away for a decade one of the first things on my to do list was to claim my pension.

By the time I applied for payment I was already three months past my entitlement date; the pension department owed me money. It’s not much, but if one is not well off it helps to keep one alive.

I filled out the forms, dotted the i’s and crossed the t’s and sent it off to the address specified on the form.

A month went by without a response.

When I tried to contact them by phone I got a recorded message stating that due to Covid the department was struggling to keep up with demand.

I did eventually get to speak to a person (they owed me four and half months pension back pay by now)

The person I spoke to was very pleasant but still mentioned that there were delays due to Covid and they were unusually busy.

I couldn’t help but point out that given people in my age group and above were dying like flies from Covid the pressure on their department must be a fraction of what it was while pensioners like myself were still living.

I’m not convinced they got the humour.
Got to have a little humour about it.
We've been forced mandatory quarantined twice, once back in April when oldest daughter had covid, we didn't get it then and then again just recently when we all did.
The people that institute the mandatory quarantine, public health, call every day during that ten days, I do not like talking to them so the wife does it all. First time once they insisted on talking to me direct, I wanted to say something funny but forgot at the time. The second time I didn't forget.
Guy asks if we need anything food/medicine etc, "I'm getting pretty low on beer about running out! Someone going to do a beer run!!"
Dead silence..... I was pretty sure he ended the call... I say, "Yo dude just joking , we're all OK here need nothing"
Then he speaks again.
:lau:gig:lau

Attachments

• 762712F2-9F42-45F5-8949-CB233E34EA50.png
    762712F2-9F42-45F5-8949-CB233E34EA50.png
    667.5 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom