Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Computer, and what's phone portrait? Obviously oblivious...
from the computer, you get to see everyone's "signature lines" and other stat's.

someone else just recently commented on discovering that if you turn the phone sideways, it shifts automatically from "portrait viewing mode" to "landscape" viewing mode.... which is the default view for a laptop, desktop and most tablets.

in portrait mode the signature data is removed as is some of the avatar things on the left column for every post.

hows that for simplifying and - dare i hope, clarifying what one gets to see in which platform?

from the computer, you get to see everyone's "signature lines" and other stat's.

someone else just recently commented on discovering that if you turn the phone sideways, it shifts automatically from "portrait viewing mode" to "landscape" viewing mode.... which is the default view for a laptop, desktop and most tablets.

in portrait mode the signature data is removed as is some of the avatar things on the left column for every post.

hows that for simplifying and - dare i hope, clarifying what one gets to see in which platform?
I never realized this. I've always view it in portrait and I guess I never thought of that. And yes, 42 is the answer...but what is the question? Books were way better than the movie imho.

I have only viewed this site on a computer, but I appreciate the heads-up on phone viewing. Thank you @electrycmonk for explaining.

Just a snapshot. Of my four patients yesterday, three were in isolation, 2 WITH Covid but not because of Covid. They weren't having ill effects, just happen to find it when they were tested in the ED.
My respiratory nurse patient said covid is basically gone from hospital he works in but due to shortage of staff, over 2 weeks since a day off :(

https://www.cureus.com/articles/91317-mortality-in-cyprus-over-the-period-2016-2021

Daniel Horowitz wrote,
"A study out of Cyprus published& in Cureus titled, j“Mortality in Cyprus Over the Period 2016-2021” observed a 9.7% increase in all-cause mortality in Cyprus in 2021 compared to 2020, and 16.5% compared to the mean mortality of the previous five years. The pattern developed mainly in the third and fourth quarters of last year, perfectly aligning with the timing of the vaccine surge in the Mediterranean island....

Most people in Cyprus were not vaccinated until the second half of 2021. And indeed the study seems to show that the entirety of the excess deaths in 2020 and the first two quarters of 2021 over the previous four years are fully explained by the sum of the recorded COVID deaths. That is not the case in the latter two quarters of 2021, when more than half of the excess deaths were not explained by the total COVID deaths. Moreover, “The number of all-cause deaths in the third quarter of 2021 was more than eight standard deviations further from the mean of deaths in the third quarters of the years 2016-2020.”

My respiratory nurse patient said covid is basically gone from hospital he works in but due to shortage of staff, over 2 weeks since a day off :(
We are close to that. The Feds have been supplimenting travel pay for nurses and it is ending this month. We expect major shortages in staff very soon as almost my entire Unit are contract travelers. :hmm

Last edited:
We are close to that. The Feds have been supplimenting travel pay for nurses and it is ending this month. We expect major shortages in staff very soon as almost my entire Unit are contract travelers. :hmm
Are contract travellers the kind of medical people who make it so you get a bill from the ER and then a bill from them? Have had it happen.

Are contract travellers the kind of medical people who make it so you get a bill from the ER and then a bill from them? Have had it happen.
No. Good question but it's a little different.
The cost of nurses are in the overhead.
The ED, anesthesia, x-ray are often seperate businesses within the hospital and charge seperately. (It sucks.)

Back
Top Bottom