Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I spoke with her vet today regarding holistic medication. She said her CBC came back ok. Just a little elevated on the WBC count and higher on the glycogen levels. She said she'd check into holistic meds for her. If nothing else just to keep her pain free. She said they might do Prednisone but since she's still eating and drinking ok they won't start that yet
I have no idea if it would do anything for your cat’s cancer. My cat has IBD and hypocalcemia and she’s a sassy thing (her namesake even). The vet has me soaking chia seeds (2g in 20mL water for 20 mins) daily. For her it’s supposed to slow down her food absorption so she doesn’t retain as much calcium and flush it out of her system. She had previously been on prednisone but the Vet isn’t thrilled about doing that long term and dietary changes weren’t working (bc the cat is super picky but apparently will eat the chia seeds). I know it’s a hard decision to make…we had a dog that was almost 13 and he had cancer, we held on a lot longer than we probably should have…we finally made the decision to put him down and that day he wouldn’t even eat carrots (his favorite). 18 is a very long time for a pet. It’s admirable you want to help her/keep her as long as possible. Hopefully you can keep track of her quality of life and make the tough decisions when it comes time.

I have no idea if it would do anything for your cat’s cancer. My cat has IBD and hypocalcemia and she’s a sassy thing (her namesake even). The vet has me soaking chia seeds (2g in 20mL water for 20 mins) daily. For her it’s supposed to slow down her food absorption so she doesn’t retain as much calcium and flush it out of her system. She had previously been on prednisone but the Vet isn’t thrilled about doing that long term and dietary changes weren’t working (bc the cat is super picky but apparently will eat the chia seeds). I know it’s a hard decision to make…we had a dog that was almost 13 and he had cancer, we held on a lot longer than we probably should have…we finally made the decision to put him down and that day he wouldn’t even eat carrots (his favorite). 18 is a very long time for a pet. It’s admirable you want to help her/keep her as long as possible. Hopefully you can keep track of her quality of life and make the tough decisions when it comes time.
Right now she's eating and drinking fine. The vet said as long as she's doing that she should be good. Once they stop eating and drinking that means they're in pain. I'm giving her pretty much whatever she wants. I want her to be happy. When the time comes that she isn't I'll do what needs to be done. I never let an animal live in pain either fur or fowl. You do what you can

I have a doctor appointment follow up tomorrow. We're going to discuss why I refused the new SSRI. Basically I'm going to tell her "if you get to guess than so do I and I choose something that has no side effects". I've combined a few things to help with my anxiety: breathing techniques, CBD, magnesium, and an aromatherapy lava rock bracelet. It's all helping immensely. I now feel I can function without being thrown into an attack. I take my CBD at the first sign of anxiety. If it doesn't go away I take my magnesium. Rarely then do I have to take a Benadryl. I recoat my bracelet once I can't smell it without sniffing it. It's a peppermint, eucalyptus and lavender blend. I finally feel in control and I'm unmedicated! Also I stopped taking the inhaler I was prescribed...not by choice just an issue with the insurance and I feel less anxiety now that I stopped. I think it didn't help and only made my breathing and anxiety worse. I hope my numbers are good tomorrow. I'm so sick of doctors making me more sick

:hugs I'm sorry, Ninja.
Thank you. It's heartbreaking for sure. As of right now she's acting healthy and I'm only giving her wet food because it's her favorite. Tonight she sat in my lap before I could no longer tolerate it because my knee joint locked up. She hasn't done that in years. If I'm going to lose her she is going to be the most spoiled cat that ever lived. The vet is looking into holistic meds for me. I read about maitaki mushrooms helping with cat lung function but I'm hesitant to introduce anything that might do more harm than good

Chipped a tooth last night. I haven't had any difficulty getting a doctor appointment anymore but it's still not back to normal at the dentist office apparently. My dentist didn't turn on their phone until a half hour after they opened. It's a week out for an emergency appointment unless they get a cancellation. I've read that the pandemic caused a lot of people dental issues related to stress. I personally haven't chipped a tooth since I was little but last time I had an urgent appointment they got me in the same day but that was BCP (before covid pandemic). Anyone else having problems getting dentist appointments still? Or do you work in a dental office and have seen an uptick in appointments? I'm just wondering why the doctor is easy to see but not the dentist.

Chipped a tooth last night. I haven't had any difficulty getting a doctor appointment anymore but it's still not back to normal at the dentist office apparently. My dentist didn't turn on their phone until a half hour after they opened. It's a week out for an emergency appointment unless they get a cancellation. I've read that the pandemic caused a lot of people dental issues related to stress. I personally haven't chipped a tooth since I was little but last time I had an urgent appointment they got me in the same day but that was BCP (before covid pandemic). Anyone else having problems getting dentist appointments still? Or do you work in a dental office and have seen an uptick in appointments? I'm just wondering why the doctor is easy to see but not the dentist.
I had a cleaning Feb 24th and they found a crown that needed to be replaced. Not emergency. Appointment was a week out.

I haven’t had issues getting appts for that either. My son had an infection and I sent a pic via text and they called in a script and checked same week and then extraction the following week. The only issue I’ve had with med stuff is the 6-9 month waitlist for my daughter to get a full psychoeducational evaluation….

I had a filling break apart this spring while visiting where we used to live,, the wait time for emergency (same day had lne option but I was still too far away to get there; also the next day). They could do a crown in the time I expected (next day for first appt, 3-4 days for second so they could get it made.

Here the root canals and crowns take longer - emergency tooth ache that day, the Root canal a week or ten days later, three weeks to get the crown back.

I opted to get the crown when I got back, the first appointment was the day after my return, the second was three weeks out.

I don't know if it has always been longer here.

I had a filling break apart this spring while visiting where we used to live,, the wait time for emergency (same day had lne option but I was still too far away to get there; also the next day). They could do a crown in the time I expected (next day for first appt, 3-4 days for second so they could get it made.

Here the root canals and crowns take longer - emergency tooth ache that day, the Root canal a week or ten days later, three weeks to get the crown back.

I opted to get the crown when I got back, the first appointment was the day after my return, the second was three weeks out.

I don't know if it has always been longer here.
I had a RC done a month ago. They couldn't get me in for molar prep until next month. I ended up calling my endodontist to see if they could help but they said my chipped tooth is considered "cosmetic" so they can't cap it. I wish my family dentist was more available. I'm considering switching dentists entirely but I know this isn't usually their MO

Back
Top Bottom