Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Yes I would love to find out why certain people just do not get ill from covid. Or test positive but asymptomatic. It sure seems like faucet could put more effort into researching this. Of course no money in it so I guess it is moot point.
I thought I was one of those that “just didn’t get it.” Hubby had it in January and we were all snuggled up on the couch watching a movie right before I made him test. He was the only one in our house that got it (and he was the only vaxed, boosted even). Well it finally caught up to me, tested pos last Mon. When mine popped hot I tested both kids. 1 pos 1 neg. The 1 pos had a few days of headaches but she was overall fine. I was in bed for about 3.5 days with fever/body aches cycling. Thought I was over it but then sinus stuff started. Yesterday was day 5 “last day of isolation “ and retested the negative kid, he was immediately positive but so far no symptoms. Hubby had been sick this week too, 3 tests throughout the week, all negative. (So either his previous infection and vax status are somehow making it not positive, or he is sick with something else 🤷🏽‍♀️) Brain fog started hitting me today. And my resting heart rate is significantly lower than normal. Covid is weird….

I was reading this about the time you were posting. The press has become a tool for the powerful rather than to reign them in.
https://boriquagato.substack.com/p/is-pfizer-suppressing-vaccine-adverse
View attachment 3173474
The way I see it is that the media doesn't fully understand the level of distrust it has accumulated. Either way I don't believe anything I read anymore. Not even if I can find things to back it up. I'm just focusing on me and mine. The world is far too vast for me to worry about especially since I can't do anything about it.

I thought I was one of those that “just didn’t get it.” Hubby had it in January and we were all snuggled up on the couch watching a movie right before I made him test. He was the only one in our house that got it (and he was the only vaxed, boosted even). Well it finally caught up to me, tested pos last Mon. When mine popped hot I tested both kids. 1 pos 1 neg. The 1 pos had a few days of headaches but she was overall fine. I was in bed for about 3.5 days with fever/body aches cycling. Thought I was over it but then sinus stuff started. Yesterday was day 5 “last day of isolation “ and retested the negative kid, he was immediately positive but so far no symptoms. Hubby had been sick this week too, 3 tests throughout the week, all negative. (So either his previous infection and vax status are somehow making it not positive, or he is sick with something else 🤷🏽‍♀️) Brain fog started hitting me today. And my resting heart rate is significantly lower than normal. Covid is weird….
I'm glad you're feeling better. Having had it does provide you with some immunity although we aren't given those numbers. And thank goodness it was mild. Hoping you and yours stay happy and healthy

I'm glad you're feeling better. Having had it does provide you with some immunity although we aren't given those numbers. And thank goodness it was mild. Hoping you and yours stay happy and healthy
Thanks. I'm feeling a little cruddier than I let on but "the Show Must Go On!"
PS: I was inspired to go look for some boiled crawfish after reading your post last night but all they had were boiled crabs. :cool:

Last edited:
Thanks. I'm feeling a little cruddier than I let on but "the Show Must Go On!"
PS: I was inspired to go look for some boiled crawfish after reading your post last night but all they were boiled crabs. :cool:
I'd never eaten crawfish before. I didn't realize there's an art to it. I'd say I'm still a novice but I must have ate upwards of 30 of them. The andoullie sausage was exquisite though:drool

Covid is weird….
Absolutely. Last Christmas grandson came home from college and broke with Covid. Daughter and SIL never got ill. After a recent family wedding grandson from California, daughter and SIL all broke with Covid. No one else got ill. :idunno All were/are vaccinated and symptoms were minimal

That’s good about your heart rate. Usually it goes faster when you have an infection.
I still thin’ we may get it. The omincrom. Is mutating so fast probably a version out there I could get.

Absolutely. Last Christmas grandson came home from college and broke with Covid. Daughter and SIL never got ill. After a recent family wedding grandson from California, daughter and SIL all broke with Covid. No one else got ill. :idunno All were/are vaccinated and symptoms were minimal
So strange

That’s good about your heart rate. Usually it goes faster when you have an infection.
I still thin’ we may get it. The omincrom. Is mutating so fast probably a version out there I could get.
Well the 1st week of infection my HR was 95-114 while in bed (BUT 90 is normalish resting heart for me, so when it dipped to 58-65 the last day and a half it seemed concerning to me 🙈) I did read that viruses can reset heart rate rhythm though, so I’ll be curious to see what it is going forward/in the next few weeks/months. And yes I realize my normal resting HR sucks, cardiologist isn’t sure why I’m “so out of shape” either bc I don’t look it (between all the physical activity around the house and teaching dance it doesn’t make sense)

Back
Top Bottom