Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

This is gonna take a lot longer than past 4:55, LOL. I appreciate all yall being patient and asking good, hard questions. My best answers will be about science because I love it in my heart of hearts in spite of seeing so many politicians doing bad things with it.

To do:

Eventually get back to why masks actually do okay and why they aren't a child developmental disaster, discuss how and why such widespread vaccination is resulting in previously undisclosed side effects, and my own personal jester's privilege.
I watched a child in the grocery store have his mask fall off and scream bloody murder "I DONT WANT TO DIE MOMMY". I'm gonna need a lot of convincing.

My best answers will be about science because I love it in my heart of hearts in spite of seeing so many politicians doing bad things with it.
I agree. On so many fronts 'science' has been misused so much it has become a punch line. (Hint: When someone uses the term 'settled science' they have no idea what the word science means.)

How would you have taken it more seriously? The virus will eventually infect everyone. It has mutated to become less deadly and the most vulnerable have been protected longer.
Washington was aware something was going on in China in Dec before it was announced to the world. They did not even start checking passengers from Wuhan entering the US until much later. This should have been done by Jan 1. By the time the first case was identified in a passenger from Wuhan, coronavirus was already in the US and was spreading. As the positive cases started showing up....that is when we needed the lock down. Probably then, was already too late.

I don't remember civil unrest of violence related to Covid except by some miscreants taking advantage of it.
Yes, this. I still believe a lot of violence we are still seeing is connected to Covid in one way or another. Trickle down? There are still people who's personal financial situation has not recovered. Some people could not work and many self employed lost most or all their businesses. We also know true criminals will take advantage of every situation they can.

We could have protected the vulnerable and gone on about our business but instead we introduced chaos and exposed everyone.
Exactly. There were mistakes made. We don't get a re-do. We have to try to learn from this and move forward. Will the government? Probably not.

Washington was aware something was going on in China in Dec before it was announced to the world. They did not even start checking passengers from Wuhan entering the US until much later. This should have been done by Jan 1. By the time the first case was identified in a passenger from Wuhan, coronavirus was already in the US and was spreading. As the positive cases started showing up....that is when we needed the lock down. Probably then, was already too late.

Yes, this. I still believe a lot of violence we are still seeing is connected to Covid in one way or another. Trickle down? There are still people who's personal financial situation has not recovered. Some people could not work and many self employed lost most or all their businesses. We also know true criminals will take advantage of every situation they can.

Exactly. There were mistakes made. We don't get a re-do. We have to try to learn from this and move forward. Will the government? Probably not.
I almost lost my job due to covid. Had we been forced to close? We would have gone under. My boss called me the day they said "non essential business" could not be open so we were closed. Called me the day after and said they found out we are considered essential because we print prescription pads for doctor's. We are a very small company so had it not been for that I'm certain we would have closed our doors forever

I almost lost my job due to covid. Had we been forced to close? We would have gone under. My boss called me the day they said "non essential business" could not be open so we were closed. Called me the day after and said they found out we are considered essential because we print prescription pads for doctor's. We are a very small company so had it not been for that I'm certain we would have closed our doors forever
I'm sure that was stressful for you and the business you work for. I know a couple businesses here that shut down permanently. I think everyone had many stressful events over the last couple years, my family included.

I'm sure that was stressful for you and the business you work for. I know a couple businesses here that shut down permanently. I think everyone had many stressful events over the last couple years, my family included.
Honestly not really. My job isn't really necessary to my family's financial wellness. It's just something I do because I enjoy it. Like taking an art class twice a week except I get paid to go. It was more of a huge bummer. I like my job and the people I work for but I'm severely underpaid for my knowledge and experience. It's paid back by significant work/life balance with the potential of possibly running the place one day. I'm very fortunate to be able to say that and I'm positive not everyone else in that position would be. But I appreciate the sentiment regardless.

Here in our area (Michigan) covid went through all the parochial schools in October and November. It shut down most schools for 2-3 weeks each. By the time we were told, "by those who should know" it had come and gone and no one was the worse for wear except a few lingering cases where the immune systems had already been partially weakened by other conditions. All the symptoms were exactly as described by the CDC.
I have no idea what happened in the public schools.

Here in our area (Michigan) covid went through all the parochial schools in October and November. It shut down most schools for 2-3 weeks each. By the time we were told, "by those who should know" it had come and gone and no one was the worse for wear except a few lingering cases where the immune systems had already been partially weakened by other conditions. All the symptoms were exactly as described by the CDC.
I have no idea what happened in the public schools.
Similar to our area as well. Many here say definitely by Nov.

Back
Top Bottom