Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I had long COVID in January of 2021. I was hospitalized for 22 days and to be honest with you all, I didn't know if I was going to survive it. I had blood clots on my lungs and now in my lower legs. But what really bothers me to this day is "brain fog". While I get so angry cause so many people don't believe in it, I am here to tell you it is real. I get so frustrated, things I "should" be able to remember, I can't. I can measure for a board out in my workshop and by the time I make it to the saw to cut it, I forgot the dimension again. My bride got me a white board, I write the dimension down on it and just look up at it before cutting it. I also suffer from exercise exhaustion. Meaning, I do something strenuous and it just wears me out. Since COVID, I had low back surgery to fuse L4 and L5 (possibly from being laid up for so long in the hospital) and now right knee replacement. I can not blame the knee issue on COVID, rather a long and storied career as a paramedic. "Lift with your knees, save your back". Well, I wore them out. I hope America doesn't endure another pandemic like COVID. But something tells me that was a trial run.

I had long COVID in January of 2021. I was hospitalized for 22 days and to be honest with you all, I didn't know if I was going to survive it. I had blood clots on my lungs and now in my lower legs. But what really bothers me to this day is "brain fog". While I get so angry cause so many people don't believe in it, I am here to tell you it is real. I get so frustrated, things I "should" be able to remember, I can't. I can measure for a board out in my workshop and by the time I make it to the saw to cut it, I forgot the dimension again. My bride got me a white board, I write the dimension down on it and just look up at it before cutting it. I also suffer from exercise exhaustion. Meaning, I do something strenuous and it just wears me out. Since COVID, I had low back surgery to fuse L4 and L5 (possibly from being laid up for so long in the hospital) and now right knee replacement. I can not blame the knee issue on COVID, rather a long and storied career as a paramedic. "Lift with your knees, save your back". Well, I wore them out. I hope America doesn't endure another pandemic like COVID. But something tells me that was a trial run.
I know various people that are suffering from permanent lung, heart and neurological damage. So sad to see them in that condition when before they had been robust and healthy.

I can relate to this. :hugsThe long covid part. I wasn't that sick when I had it although I did spend a couple days in the hospital. And mine was digestive, not respiratory. Life goes on.

I don't follow this thread at all(my comments were deleted and I was put on a vacation I didn't deserve) but it popped up so I thought I would just throw this out here. I work in an elementary school kitchen and we have had a lot of kids the past two years that have been diagnosed with diabetes. We asked about it and a nurse from the county health dept said that they have noticed that a lot of children have gotten diabetes the past few years. The one major similarity between most of the kids is that they had covid. Just thought that was interesting

Long Covid is absolutely real. My 41 year old son has some of the same symptoms you have. I personally know people who've died from Covid. I know people who've been hospitalized and survived. And I know people who have Long Covid. I also know people who are not the same since getting the shot. 3 who suddenly developed cancer. Two of whom are now gone.

Long Covid is absolutely real. My 41 year old son has some of the same symptoms you have. I personally know people who've died from Covid. I know people who've been hospitalized and survived. And I know people who have Long Covid. I also know people who are not the same since getting the shot. 3 who suddenly developed cancer. Two of whom are now gone.
I think I mentioned it here before that my dh was pressured at work into taking the two shots. No symptoms after the first, but two days after the second shot he couldn't remember what day it was, what his duties were. Brain scans were normal. He has been diagnosed with early onset dementia, and is unable to work. It's a real thing.

I think I mentioned it here before that my dh was pressured at work into taking the two shots. No symptoms after the first, but two days after the second shot he couldn't remember what day it was, what his duties were. Brain scans were normal. He has been diagnosed with early onset dementia, and is unable to work. It's a real thing.
And we know it could not have been caused by the shot because ... well ... um ... because those who should be facing liability for damages said so.

Much like the corporate scientists said cigarettes were safe and asbestos was safe.

And we know it could not have been caused by the shot because ... well ... um ... because those who should be facing liability for damages said so.

Much like the corporate scientists said cigarettes were safe and asbestos was safe.
And his employer gets off Scot-free because it wasn't mandated at the time. My dh's coworkers said "Hey! We're going to go get our shots, come with us!" and he allowed himself to be persuaded.

Not long after he was fired from his job he said to me "I wish I'd never taken that d@mned shot". Mercifully he doesn't recall it anymore, he's generally cheerful most days.

Back
Top Bottom