Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I really feel sad that you are more concerned about the economy staying strong than peoples lives. Did you hear a newborn baby tested positive for Covid-19 in the UK? And people under 50 have died from it as well. Where’s your humanity? It’s not all about us old folks, this virus does not discriminate. Do you have a plan when you get it? Stay healthy.

Children hardly get sick from this virus. Having the virus doesn't equal being sick. You are really misinformed if you think it doesn't discriminate, and IMO that's the kind of ignorance that's feeding the panic.

Last edited:
NMCX03V.jpg

U8cxxeA.jpg

JVsezqb.jpg

In light of, and opposed to, the alcohol pic previously, we have this
wwLMgwf.jpg

:D :D
And then there are the Animaniacs ...
(Numbers are out of date, but the concept is still morbidly humorous ...)

Spain in lockdown. Madrid’s level of infestations went up with 1500 in 24 hours. Nobody is allowed on the streets anymore for social activities.

At least Shadrach has his chickens to keep him busy. Hopefully he'll be able to go outside. In China they wouldn't let people go outside their homes to get sunshine, which was absolutely nuts because that would have given them vitamin D to boost their immune systems.

On the flip side. Thoughts and prayers to those caught up in all this and praise for the blessed who are indeed fortunate enough to live off the land and help those friends and neighbors who can’t help themselves. I believe it’s called being neighborly and kind.
We can’t do anything but speak kind words to each other during difficult seasons. It doesn’t matter what color, political forum you fly your flag under, or what brand of feed you insist upon. We’re all in this life one time. Leave a happy thought along the way.

A bit of levity. I was shopping at the Amish market today when I felt a major sneeze coming on. I rushed to the mens room and let loose a massive sneeze. The poor guy at the urinal peed on himself, looked at me in abject fear, and rushed out of the room without even zipping up. I leaned against the wall laughing hysterically. What a way to clear a room.

A bit of levity. I was shopping at the Amish market today when I felt a major sneeze coming on. I rushed to the mens room and let loose a massive sneeze. The poor guy at the urinal peed on himself, looked at me in abject fear, and rushed out of the room without even zipping up. I leaned against the wall laughing hysterically. What a way to clear a room.
You’ve got to find the humor in life!

Children hardly get sick from this virus. Having the virus doesn't equal being sick. You are really misinformed if you think it doesn't discriminate, and IMO that's the kind of ignorance that's feeding the panic.
I guess you haven’t been watching the news. That is, the real news. And are you calling me ignorant? I’m not panicking about this. I have always kept a full pantry and am prepared pretty much always, because when you get to a ripe old age you learn that stuff happens. You seem more panicked about the economy collapsing then most of the posters on this thread. I would rather save my caring and compassion for those unfortunate ones who have been infected. And btw: I am not misinformed and I do have a bit of experience in the medical field.

I'm at risk so thank you for saying this. My heart hurts when I hear people act like it's nothing... Like Anyone's life doesn't matter unless it's their own. Completely breaks my heart people selfishly only think of themselves and not others.
Please educate the children in your lives, both about the virus and about "pranking" their friends. I work in the public school system. On the last day before the shutdown, we had some insensitive middle school kids teasing about the virus, patting other students on the shoulder, then telling them that they had just visited their cousin, who has the virus. One young lady burst into tears because she couldn't go home after being "exposed." Her mother has major health issues and is on oxygen. She was convinced that going home was going to kill her mother. By the time that class was over, she was settled down ... and the pranksters were very, very solemn, but at least they had a better understanding of the "holiday" they were about to get.

Back
Top Bottom