Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Just curious who is counting all the sick patents ? . Or the deaths. I just wonder.

Most states are tracking their own totals. I've been checking a local paper which posts the numbers provided by the state Dept of Health (we're currently behind on reports by a couple of days).

As of April 2, WA state: 6966 confirmed cases, 284 deaths. Thankfully still under the threshold of what the local hospital system can handle.

@Kiki, me too. It is what is is though. :T Can't change the virus existing - can only change how we handle the response.

Currently whole foods is taking everyones temperature before work. Stores in our area are limiting customer counts and they're probably going to moving to curbside pickup only for all necessity businesses.

Makes me wonder how people without internet are supposed to, ya know, exist. My friend is currently living off of a wifi hotspot with limited data. Bring a list maybe?

Internet really needs to be classified as a utility and not a luxury at this point and regulated/provided as such. It's pretty obvious it's not a luxury but a requirement for life these days.
I have no internet and use my hotspot on my phone. Everything I do is on my unlimited data through Verizon on my phone.

Most states are tracking their own totals. I've been checking a local paper which posts the numbers provided by the state Dept of Health (we're currently behind on reports by a couple of days).

As of April 2, WA state: 6966 confirmed cases, 284 deaths. Thankfully still under the threshold of what the local hospital system can handle.
Some state official.

Huu. ok thanks . So if I get this thing, think I could just treat it at home?

Because I ant leaving my house.. :lol:

Do you currently have any health issues?

The majority of people that do not have serious health issues are recovering just fine at home.

I think it just has to run its course. Not much treatment, except for the seriously ill folks.

Many many people don't ever even know they have been infected with it.

Do you currently have a doctor/health care provider?

Each health care system is going to want to handle it differently. For mine (since they keep sending out emails to let people know what to do) they want you to call in first and they'll make a decision via phone if they think you need to go in to see a doctor (I think in some cases they were sending doctors out to assess potential cases but haven't seen that mentioned since early last month). If they think you need to get tested, you'll likely need a doctor's order to get the test since there's still a massive shortage.

If it's an emergency (i.e. you're struggling to breathe) then that's 911 if it's urgent or otherwise, phone the provider to inform them you have severe symptoms so they can route you to an available hospital if possible, and so they're ready to handle your case as soon as you arrive.

If you think you have it but symptoms are mild, then stay at home, stay at home, stay at home. Isolate yourself from family if possible, but otherwise stay at home until all symptoms are gone, then add at least another 3 more days (or more) for good measure.

Back
Top Bottom