Correct dosage of liquid corid for adult silkies

There is not a lot you can do if they aspirate fluids, but hopefully, he will cough and clear it out. You can add some of the Corid water to a little chicken feed. How old is the silkie? Did you recently get him from someone else where he was around other chickens? Does he have frequent sneezing or do you see any watery or bubbly eyes?
Hes 2 1/2 yrs, He was born here, no sneezing or bubbly eyes

If you are going to treat with Corid, you don’t want to use any NutriDrench or Poultry Cell while on Corid, since they contain thiamine (B1.) LA 200 is okay from treating mycoplasma a respiratory disease. Symptoms are bubbles in an eye, nasal drainage, sometimes eyelid swelling, and other respiratory symptoms.

I would probably watch him to see if he continues to have breathing problems. But if you start the LA 200, it is a once every 3 days injection into the breast muscle. 1/4 ml would be a good dosage.

now that you mentioned it I dont believe he was breathing hard before I gave him the honey if he was not as bad.
I noticed he had lost a lot of weight, and was just standing around at the back corner of his pen, he was is still eating and drinking

HE drank it on his own but I did give him some honey thin with some warm water that I guess could have went down wrong would that cause the hard breathing he will stop ever now and again and act like hes swallowing kinda hard
Sounds like he may have aspirated fluids. Hopefully he will improve.

Check him over really well. Does he have lice or mites?
What's his crop like?

Photos of him and his poop would be good.

You found him standing in the back of his pen, so he was isolating himself - how is he normally housed, does he have a run/coop or ?

Back
Top Bottom