Correct dosage of liquid corid for adult silkies

fowlplayer2

Chirping
Feb 23, 2019
I gave my silkie his first dose of corid today at the rate of 2 teaspoons to a gallon of water, he has since started to breath kinda heavy mouth slightly open, or is this the normal reaction he wasnt doing this at first. PLease help

Corid shouldn't do that. What are his symptoms that made you start corid?
I noticed he had lost a lot of weight, and was just standing around at the back corner of his pen, he was is still eating and drinking poo was normal till about 1 hr ago not its fairly soft and a tan color yesterday he also seem a little unsteady on his feet

he now seems to be more unsteady on his feet
Did you give it orally or did he drink on his own? Did he choke or aspirate? That is the correct mixture, and he should drink it for 5 days. It will treat coccidiosis.
HE drank it on his own but I did give him some honey thin with some warm water that I guess could have went down wrong would that cause the hard breathing he will stop ever now and again and act like hes swallowing kinda hard

now that you mentioned it I dont believe he was breathing hard before I gave him the honey if he was not as bad.

There is not a lot you can do if they aspirate fluids, but hopefully, he will cough and clear it out. You can add some of the Corid water to a little chicken feed. How old is the silkie? Did you recently get him from someone else where he was around other chickens? Does he have frequent sneezing or do you see any watery or bubbly eyes?

Back
Top Bottom