Correct humidity last three days.

I am guessing from your title that maybe you are in Florida? We are in Florida and hatching chicks at a 95% hatch rate from our own eggs. I built my own bator to start and now got a bator for free from the neighbor. Our bator stays at about 48% without water and we keep it at about 100 degrees. I am using the bator I built as our hatcher and brooder and it is at 100 degrees and about 55% humidity. We do have a problem once in a while of the chick sticking but we help it out and it is fine. How old is the hen that the eggs are from? Young hens can give you problem eggs. What end of the egg are they pipping at? Are you keeping the large end up higher than the pointed end? There is a lot of trial and error in hatching so don't get discouraged.

I hatch mine out at about 60% humidity, and am having good luck with it. When I first started hatching I kept the humidity up higher than that and lost a lot of hatches, Im sure due to too much humidity. I have found, in my brief hatching career, that once they start hatching, with the new chickies being wet, the humidity takes care of itself, as long as you dont open the hatcher and you keep most of the holes, if any, plugged up.

I usually have my humidity at around 65 to 70 and have been having about 50% hatches. This time,since these are my eggs and I can rule out shipping,I am going to try it a little differently. I think I am going to wait until day 19 to raise the humidity and then I'm going to try to keep it betweed 55 and 60. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thanks!
I put 18 eggs in the bater yesterday and I'm keeping the humidity between 40-45%. Bought a water wiggler and a Brinsea Spot Check Incubator Thermometer too and the temp of the water wiggler is staying between 99.4 and 99.8. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom