correctional center employees .................a shout out to ........

I know a lady who works in a prision libray. She has been there years. She tells them nothing she treats them with respect no matter what, she puts up with no abuse they treat her like a lady or they no longer can come to the libray. Nobody swears in her libray nobody.

But she lives in fear every day. She doesn't show it but she lives in fear every day. Most of those fears comes from the government changing laws. The new law that there is no smoking allowed at all is her biggest worry yet. Some of those people are there for life been there 40 or more years and are expected to quit smoking like that.

They can buy the meds to stop but hey lets face it at under $ a hour and having to pay for everything else you get do you really think they will be able to afford the over $100. a month, nope. This new change is going to result in a lot of hurt workers. As the withdrawls increase so will the violence. I can see making them pay their way but not at the expense of possiable injury to the workers. Give them the meds and then ween them off.

Good luck on the job just demand respect and show no fear. Don't put up with anything, but stay calm and show respect while you don't put up with anything.

Well , I finally recieved my rating from the state .
The librarian position is rated on expierence and qualifications.
Since I met all of the qualifications i automatically recieved a 70 and for extra expierence i recieved 9.75 , so my total was 79.75 points.
I hope to recieve a call in for an interview the first of next week . I never realised that the state takes so long to fill positions .
i did call the division of personel after a couple of weeks and they said they had extended the job posting , and that they had to do some recruiting at the near by college . I guess they did not have a lot of applicants ! anyway , I hope that is good for me.
wish me luck !

Last edited:
thanks ! will keep updated as to the status !
hu.gif

hu.gif

hu.gif

hu.gif

hu.gif

hu.gif

My husband is a correctional officer (13 years) as is my father and brother inlaw.I have family that are inmates or ex inmates.
My husaband worked the first 13 years nights.He is now on days that took some getting use to for me.No we dont live in fear of any inmates.
Its more mental work than physical,hubby is now just learning to stop taking the stress out on us.
One thing that is importent dont let the inmates set you up,do not try and be there friends they will use you.
Try and be neutral to all inmates and dont give them personal information.
Good luck

I don't work in a facility, but (embarrisingly) lived with a man that lived off tax payers enough and let me tell you, KUDOS. I could not do the job, the actions and possibilities...not all are violent, but it seems like everyone of these people have nothing better to do then to think. It is scarey and bless you for the jobs you do.
clap.gif

thnx, still no word on when the interview will be
idunno.gif

BTW , my hubby said my ( the score you get for your application , expierence and qualificaTIONS) rating was a little above average
somad.gif

he.gif

how dare he

I THINK I AM way ABOVE AVERAGE !!!!!! lol

Last edited:
Men LOL I would be tempted to let him make his own dinner for that remark. But then my old fashioned raising would come in and he would have a nice hot meal ready for when he was LOL.

Still keeping ya in my thoughts and prayers. You will need this good paying job at the rate this country is going. Sad to see so many jobs just disappearing on us.

I thought it was a really high score as well. Good luck

Quote:
I am a Certified Corrections Nurse Practitioner with the Federal
Bureau of Prisons. I am on Active Duty Military with the United States Public Health Service. I have worked in everything from in processing centers to the ADX in Colorado. I currently work at the United States Penitentiary - Leavenworth. I am sure I could answer any specific questions you may have. I love corrections work and have 15 years in it so far. So if you have a question just send it out, probably be better to use my work email [email protected] cause not too many will care about the prison system on a chick web site. If you have questions about my little cuckoo marans I can answer that too. Dave

Back
Top Bottom