Corrugated Roofing Opinions?

lunkerchicken

Songster
10 Years
Apr 26, 2009
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Does anybody have any experience with this type of corrugated roofing?

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=77000-1115-1418C&lpage=none

idunno.gif

That is what I have to cover the run. It's been up about 5-6 years with no damage. I drilled holes in it and zip-tied to the chainlink panels. The zipties have started failing so I'll be replacing them this summer. I put a pipe down the center so there is a slight bow, so the rain will run off. Any questions?

Imp- It also does a great job of growing moss here in the wet Pacific North West.

I used this on my coop. The stuff is great. Get the galvanized screws with rubber grommets. They are usually right next to the panels. All you do is screw the panels down just until the rubber expands a bit. I already had my first rainstorm with them and no leaks.

Good luck.

I used something called Ondura. Its a pressed materal. I got it at one of the home centers. Easy to work with and very attractive. Mine has been on for a year and doing well.

How easy is this stuff (the Tuftex) to cut? I would like to get some for the roof of my coop but the 8' sections are too long. The 12' sections cut in half would be perfect. Could I use a circular saw? Hack saw?

Thanks!
Katie

If it's anything like Suntuf or Palruf, and I would guess it probably is, you can cut it with scissors (or any of a number of other devices)... no problem whatsoever.

Highly recommend using the gasketed roofing screws; and make real sure you read the manufacturer's recommendations as to spacing of supports and how much overhang is acceptible.

Good luck, have fun,

Pat

We have lexan clear on a solar porch, its not great at holding in heat, but when the sun is out in the fall and spring, we use it to "free" heat our house for the day.
I just recently visited a friends coop, its awsome, no windows, rafters made from trees, perches made from trees that worked its way to the ceiling that was clear plastic roofing. A super interesting way to go, its also in under the trees so over heating isn't likely until winter when it will get the sun. He also has a floressant light mounted verticly on a stud for safety and lower energy usage.
Good luck on your choices, thought I'd share a few of my experiences!

Back
Top Bottom