Coryza HELP!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by unix_micki, Sep 15, 2011.

1. unix_micki

unix_micki Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2011
    ok, so I have another hen that just passed [​IMG]

They were on sulmet for 2 days as per bottle recommends.

I just got the gallimyicin an hour ago and made up fresh water for them. After disposing of sulmet.

The worst of the flock is going to get Tylan 50 in a few hours, after work, as they are to sick to drink [​IMG]

The flock looked better yesterday and now today they are all real bad [​IMG]

Watery/Bubbly/Closed Eyes
    pussy eyes
    swellon face, half of the face
    Watery/Bubbly Poo
    Hard Time breathing
    Yellowish stuff on beak

Has anyone not had luck with sulmet but luck with gallimyicin?? hard week, too much crying, need my girls healthy again.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  2. Pickaduck

Pickaduck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2011
    Alabama
    Does the discharge from the beak have a bad smell? If not, then it's not coryza.

Are the sick ones quarantined? Respiratory stuff is extremely contagious and they are often carriers for life which means that any time they are stressed they will get sick again. I think it's great you are trying hard to save them but please be careful about over-medicating them.

I'm sorry you are going through this and hope it gets better soon!

3. unix_micki

unix_micki Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2011
    Quote:ok, i just went and smelled them but no bad smell??? now i am at a loss [​IMG]

4. leadwolf1

leadwolf1 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    I've always just used Duramycin. I've never had a recurrence and new chicks don't catch it from the older "carriers". Maybe mine wasn't a real respiratory problem...but whatever it was they would sneeze and cough and look sick!

Good luck trying to figure this out. Tylan seems to be the drug of choice on here for these things

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by