CORYZA !

Back then All they say around here is put him down he was perfectly fine eating running ect but over past week has got worse eyes and breathing funny but still eats walks to me ect ugh šŸ˜£
What makes you think it was/is coryza?

Did that big growth bust open?

He is the only animal on premises lives in a barn well ventilated and clean I canā€™t even get aintibiotic for him no vets here will see roosters I just donā€™t understand why
Are you in the US?

Does he smell bad? Have you had other sick birds before with similar symptoms? Did you figure out what that thing was coming out of his nostril or stuck to his comb a year ago? I would follow dawg53ā€™s advice about antibiotics. Sulfa antibiotics are best for coryza.

Is there a bad odor?

How about lice/mites around the crest, face/eyes have you noticed any on the body?

Can he eat o.k.? His beak is a bit overgrown, but if he's not having issues, then I'd not worry with the beak right now.

His crest is interesting, can you get some photos of the other side too?
I have to ask, is it stiff and crunchy like it looks in the photos or is that ointment or something?

He's an old fella isn't he! What's his name?

For the eyes, I'd gently cleanse with saline. If you have Terramycin eye ointment, place a dot of ointment in each eye. Do this at least once daily.

What makes you think it was/is coryza?

Did that big growth bust open?
The bump from last year is gone .. the one you see is hard from his comb itā€™s not dirt or food build up I wash his face and head almost everyday
The symptoms are very similar to what he has started with one watery eye with discharge swelling then both eyes to this it progressed rapidlyā€¦

Back
Top Bottom