Ok, this may help you - I had another post on garlic experience and I shared that I had a 2-month old Brahma cockerel with both of his eyes closed. They were initially filled with pus, I removed it, didn't do the saline, as I didn't have it at hand. I moved the cockerel in a warm room - around 18-20C and started giving him garlic in the beak + Tobramycin drops in the eyes. After 3 days both of his eyes were fully opened and healed. I returned him back to his mother and brothers (he was hatched naturally by a Silky, you can imagine mama Silky with Brahma babies, but that's another story). I checked up on him this morning and one of his eyes was again shut, no pus. Soooo my conclusion is that chicken keep their eyes shut when they are continuously cold and this could be a result of a cold or bronchitis. Again, I am not a vet, just sharing experience. So I would like to suggest that you put your hen in a warm room for at least two days, don't give her any medications, just vitamins and good food, keep her warm and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom