cotton patch geese

I have a beautiful male female pair. they are gorgeous and very well bonded. Sure to have beautiful babies in the spring. He is all white and she is splotchy grey and white. Both have blue eyes, him lite blue and her dark blue. I have to find them a new home for these two. Asking $200 but would take less for a guaranteed good lifetime home. The male is 1 year 9months old, he had a mate the same age but she died during their second clutch last spring. He immediately went into mourning. Stopped talking would sit and stare into a widow all alone, he lost weight stopped eating. I eventually found a young female (completely different lineage) She was 9 weeks when I put her in the yard with him. IMMEDIATE love. they are so bonded, friendly, talk a lot to me, he NEVER lets her out of sight. I know they typically do mate for life, but think he was young enough that the new female literally took the place in his heart of the original female. When I walk in the yard he makes sure to watch me and her all the time. I don't pick them up but they are friendly. They recognize me and are wonderful grass eaters. I supplement their diet of lawn grass with chicken scratch and goose pellets. I have the greenest grass year round. I change their tubs of water every morning and night and water the poop into the lawn daily. I love my babies but my circumstances are changing and I need to find them a forever home. I feel it is cruel to put a breed like this where they would not have access to grass all the time. These are GRAZING geese, I see many people who put geese in pens and they eat all the grass and then only get feed THATS NOT HEALTHY Geese are by nature grazing animals. So if you have a good home talk to me. IWILL NOT MAIL THESE ANIMALS, THATS NOT SAFE FOR ADULT BIRDS. I live in southern CA San Diego County. Pics to follow. My little pic here is her when I first got her in a dog food dish. BTW $200 is more than fair for a pure bred bonded non related pair of this rare hard to find breed.

Last edited:
Where are you located. I have been looking for some cotton patch geese for our garden. We raise goats, chickens, ducks and geese and do NOT eat any of them. They are raised to sell babies and are members of our family!!

Back
Top Bottom