coturnix colors-chick pictures

Akane

Crowing
11 Years
Jun 15, 2008
I only ordered 2 colors (tuxedo and gold speckled) but I have light stripy ones, dark stripy ones, all yellow ones, and the easy ones to figure out are the chocolate-black tuxedos.

So what are my light stripy:
SANY1570.jpg

SANY1574.jpg

and dark stripy chicks:

SANY1573.jpg

I don't have a pic of the yellow ones cause there are only 5 and they are just all yellow so no point in hunting them down with the camera.

Here's all the various colors in one spot but not dry and fluffy yet:
SANY1556.jpg

the yellow with stripes are goldens (even if some have lighter stripes that's what they are). The all yellow ones are whites (possibly A &M or english whites), and you have normal wilds and normal tibetans, and normal tuxedos (they aren't chocolate or black tuxedos black tuxedos would be pure black with yellow chest and throat, and chocolates would be a solid milk chocolate color).

They are very cute
smile.png

edited to add, the one tuxedo in the last pic does look very dark, so that one may possibly be a black tux but if it has any other markings other than black on its back (like red or tan) it's a normal tibetan tuxedo.
smile.png

Last edited:
The tuxedos range in color all the way from nearly tan with some stripes showing so they almost look like the dark stripy ones to black. The stripy ones also overlap from the light to the dark. There is no set dividing line in the colors except the 5 yellows that have no stripes or different shades. Some of the light stripy ones though barely have stripes so they are more like dots. I just picked some that were obviously different.

Quote:
the ones that just have dots are A & Ms
smile.png

as for tuxedos, theres red tuxedos, black tuxedo, tibetan tuxedo, and chocolate tuxedo as all the potential colors that breeders can get right now. Sam mentioned working getting golden tuxedos, and I am possibly on to normal brown tuxedos, but it's all luck of the game of genetics.
smile.png

Last edited:
Yeah you have....

Goldens
Reg/Jumbo Browns
Texas A&M
Tuxedo
Tibettan

And as Niki said I will be working on a Golden Tuxedo hopefully...as well as a chocolate tuxedo.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom