Coturnix or Bobwhite? Which is better?

MoMo15

Hatching
8 Years
Sep 1, 2011
I want to breed and raise quails for meat. I am new at raising any animals besides hamsters. I have heard alot about both Coturnix and Bobwhite quail but I don't know which is better. Any suggestions for this beginner?

Coturnix Are The Production Birds Of Teh Gamebird World... Roaches Of The Quail World, And Most Docile And Easily Handled. Bobs Are Slow, Do Not Produce Anywhere Near The Amount Of Eggs Coturnix Do And Are Extremely Agressive And Spastic Easily Requiring 10x's More Output In Time, Money, And Effort, However Most Folks Tend To Think Bobs Are More Tasty

Quote:
dont give in.... Lol. Oh and
welcome-byc.gif
MoMo15 !!!

Quote:
I suggest you take a course in Bobwhite Psychology first. Otherwise, you will be faced with raising creatures that are as bipolar as Charles Manson that may take you by surprise.....
hmm.png

Quote:
I suggest you take a course in Bobwhite Psychology first. Otherwise, you will be faced with raising creatures that are as bipolar as Charles Manson that may take you by surprise.....
hmm.png

they're insane.. pure and simple.. kind of a Jekyll and Hyde type of critter.. at least that's what Ive gathered from everyone here....
but even so... i know I don't NEED any Bobs.... (i know.. keep repeating that over and over until I convince myself)... but still.. part of my brain is just sick and twisted enough...

*backs away from the bob eggs .. douses them with holy water... and hides under a rock*

Quote:
hmm.png

they're insane.. pure and simple.. kind of a Jekyll and Hyde type of critter.. at least that's what Ive gathered from everyone here....
but even so... i know I don't NEED any Bobs.... (i know.. keep repeating that over and over until I convince myself)... but still.. part of my brain is just sick and twisted enough...

*backs away from the bob eggs .. douses them with holy water... and hides under a rock*

The Jekyll part would be really nice now and then there is a more gradual learning curve to the corts the bobs you really have to pay attention hard to stay on top of them ,blue scales are twice as spazy as bobs though , gambels are sweet little birds though

Quote:
ITS FROWNED UPON TO DEAL IN OPEN THREADS. WATCH SIGNATURE LINES FROM VARIOUS POSTERS AND PM THEM, OR YOU CAN SEARCH THE BUY SELL TRADE SECTION. MANY OF US ALSO SELL ON EBAY

Back
Top Bottom