Coturnix Quail Basics- Information and Pictures Galore

I got my first quail last month. Ten adults.

I set 49 eggs in the incubator last night (added 5 more today) and sold my first order of quail eggs today!

I'm really enjoying the quail and their eggs. Although I'm down to only 3 for my breakfast!

Must get more quail!
wee.gif

Can't wait for them to hatch!

Last edited:
I am considering getting some Coturnix Quail to have on the farm. I currently have Chickens, Ducks and Rabbits. I love the looks of the Coturnix Quail (especially their eggs). I am located in Central IL. Does anyone know where I can get eggs to hatch from or some chicks???

I am considering getting some Coturnix Quail to have on the farm. I currently have Chickens, Ducks and Rabbits. I love the looks of the Coturnix Quail (especially their eggs). I am located in Central IL. Does anyone know where I can get eggs to hatch from or some chicks???
James Marie Farms

My first quail chick to hatch, sitting in an egg carton top waiting for company!

Another has zipped and more new pips this morning. It was 32 hours since the first pip before the 1st hatch. I was thinking none would hatch!

I am wanting to hatch out some coturnix eggs. My father-in-law built my incubator. When he did, he used the egg turners that you get at TSC. I was wondering if the quail eggs would fit in them or fall out when it turns. I didn't know if I need to get a quail tray or turner. My plan is to raise them for meat. So I will be hoping hatching a lot out once I get started.

Back
Top Bottom