Coturnix Quail Basics- Information and Pictures Galore

My new quail are about a week old. They are one by one just laying down as if their legs are too weak.... What is causing this they all eat game bird chick starter, and drink (I have reflective marbles in water basin) what am I doing wrong, I have lost 6 chicks they just lay there and flop around

I am looking to add some quail to my mixed flock of chickens, ducks, geese, chucker and guineas. Can anyone offer advice as to which breeder ships the large quail? I have seen on other posts that there is a BBBIIIGGG difference in the size and the time to get them to slaughter. Are there any reputable flocks that can ship to western Kentucky. My flocks have been checked and are disease free so I cannot buy from individuals or swap meets.
I would like to raise and breed them for eggs and meat. Will I need two separate flocks of quail? Or is it just more efficient to operate with the different strains of quail instead of a dual purpose bird?
This is only my second year, doing this and I would like to get started with game birds and possibly release some into my green-briar patches. Thanks for your help.

Our new baby Coturnix quail born today! So cute and so tiny! One down 14 more to go
fl.gif
(we got 15 of them shipped to us! )

The jumbo browns would be your best bet for large quail. We offer these in our line. Nice big dual purpose birds for eggs and meat. 

I ordered online ugh! Didn't know about you until tonight. If mine don't hatch I may need to take a drive and get some from you if that is ok. I see you have jumbo coturnix do you have Georgia giants as well by chance? We want both. I am new to this forum so I hope this post correctly.

Back
Top Bottom