could anyone tell me if this is a true Ameraucana? I am new at the game.....and could use some inf

Greetings, Shades of Blue, and
welcome-byc.gif
! I would say there is certainly some Easter Egger in him - he sure is handsome with the blue. I would suggest posting over in the Chicken Breeds forum under What Breed or Gender is This? You will get more precise advice there. Best of luck to you.

thanks for all the advice.....he is very pretty and wonderful to work around. I wondered if he was an EE and thought the best way is to ask on here. I think I got this info moved over to Breed and Gender as suggested.
thumbsup.gif

he is an ee. he looks like maybe blue birchen kinda in coloring

so if he maybe has some birchen maran in him.....and I bred him back to an Ameraucana....would I get a possible olive egger? I noticed he has pink on his toes and the center row in his comb is trying to be taller than the other two rows. Thanks for your input.....

for an olive egger i would breed him to a marans hen or another brown egg layer since his background is really unknown but he is definitely carrying the blue egg gene

for an olive egger i would breed him to a marans hen or another brown egg layer since his background is really unknown but he is definitely carrying the blue egg gene

I have a Welsummer here so maybe that would be a good experiment. I don't have a maran hen yet but was thinking of buying a couple of wheatens. So now I might go shopping sooner than later and get ready for spring....lol Thanks for you info....

Back
Top Bottom