Could anyone tell me what breed this is??

Jayare's Chicks :

I say she is a Silver Phoenix but there is something wrong with her tail feathers in that last pic. Those top feathers should be longer. I will see if I have any good pics of my Silver Phoenix to post so you can see what I meen. (Although I'm not sure I have any good pics of my Silver Phoenix' tails but I should have some good pics of my Gold Phoenix' tails for you to see.

Jayare

Thanks, that would be great, I am going to go down and get some better pics of her. Now ya'll got me really wondering. Shes put on some weight since the pics on here were taken. Chrissie​

Here are a couple of pics. The 1st one is the older silver phoenix and the 2nd one has a couple of little phoenix about 2 or 3 days old in it.
Sorry it took so long, I have dial up.

DSC03182.jpg

(the 2 phoenix are the stripped ones in the middle of the pic)
DSCF2734.jpg

Jayare

Is that a female?? I am so confused right now, I really want to know. At least when asked what kind of chickens I own, I could be exact. and not only that, but I want to start breeding some different combinations to see what I get!! Thanks for your help. I will post more recent pics as soon as I can!!

Yes, in the top pic the 2 lighter colored ones are hens, they are a year old now. The darker one in the back middle is a little cockerel about 4 months old.
The males can get a tail up to about 20 feet long (in ideal conditions) but in the U.S. probably only about 6 feet long.

The second pic is those phoenix when they were babies last year. Over in the right of the second pic is 2 more phoenix. 2 were silver and the other 2 were gold.

I will post another pic or two of my gold phoenix here for you also so you can see the other color and get a better idea what the males tails look like and maybe a better pic of the hens tails.

Jayare

Awesome, thanks a bunch. I want to go take pics, but I locked myself in the coop yesterday and I haven't rigged a string. I am going to go down soon for pics!!

Ok, I dont keep up on the latest exceptions in the APA, but aren't Pheonix supposed to be single combed birds? I went and looked on feathersite, and all their pics are singled combed. I am not at home, or I would look in the standard.

Back
Top Bottom