Could anyone tell me what breed this is??

Most of my Phoenix are Rosecomb Phoenix but I have hatched out 3 Single Comb so far. I am going to put the 2 single comb hens and the single comb roo in a pen by themselves sometime and see what I get.
At some point I want to get some other Phoenix eggs from someone else and mix them into my flock.
Anybody want to trade some phoenix eggs sometime in the spring?

Jayare

Well the head tells me silver but the breast tells me gold. She has that red/brown color there so maybe a cross with a silver and a gold.
I saw a really KEWL mix of silver/gold from the lady I got mine from last year and I wish I would have gotten it when I was there.
I got my silver cockerel from my gold roo and silver hen and I'm pretty sure my 2 gold (blonde) cockerels came from the same mix. You never know how they will turn out.
I am NO expert in ANY of this as I have only been around chickens for 1 year now. Maybe someone with more experience can tell you the PROPER name for that particular color pattern.
I am thinking my gold roo is actually a black breasted red (BBR) but I don't know and am waiting for someone to tell me what he is so until then I just call him a gold phoenix. (his name is Fawkes - pronounced FOX - after Professor Dumbeldore's Phoenix on Harry Potter)

Jayare

Cool Name. Here name is Hoot because my oldest son said she looked like an owl when she was a baby!!! Thanks for the info!!! Chrissie:)

Great, I am hoping thats what she is.... Aren't they sooo beautiful!!
big_smile.png

yes I love them
I have even mixed the sliver Pheonix and the sliver hamberg together. I gotten some pretty roosters out of that mess. They look like sliver hambergs even with the rose comb but they get very long black tails. The hens out of the mix I'm still working with. They just look like black Pheonix but you can see the Hamberg spots on their chest.

Back
Top Bottom