could be incomplete columbian??

jaja

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 26, 2012
hi all
about incomplete columbian pattern on the brahma, would they look like complete columbian or missing some black on the neck and wings?
if any one has picture i would like to see them male or female
i have some roosters that look like this picture, half of the neck is black
thanks

hi all
about incomplete columbian pattern on the brahma, would they look like complete columbian or missing some black on the neck and wings?
if any one has picture i would like to see them male or female
i have some roosters that look like this picture, half of the neck is black
thanks

That rooster look complete Columbian, But thats actually no surprice, as even on copy of that gene(Co/co+) would make a male look Columbian restricted..

as For Females ? Columbian has less power on them, some of them may even look like they lack it completely, meaing on a wildtype background the Co/co+ genotyep would make them look like pure co+/co+

will post some pics of Co/co+ females soon, let me get them

now most Co/co+ e+/e+ pullets will look mostly wildtype, Mr. Dan Honour made this cross pullet, its the F1 from a Buff Leghorn rooster to a wildtype Long Tailed hen, the hens mostly looked wildtype, they didnt look Buff or Buff Columbian(I know your are talking about Silver columbian but this applies to gold/buff columbian too)

this he is from Dan Honour wildtype long tail hen x buff leghorn rooster
djhf1c.jpg

you may be interested on the cross which is the Light brahma(which are silver columbian) crossed with Dark Brahman which are not columbian the result females look very nice, not light brahma but pencilled

Hello
I have some hens that are a mistaken cross of a Buff Brahma rooster and Dark Brahma hens. The offspring hens are buff with about 2/3rds dark black penciling as in a Dark Brahma hen. Where would I go from here to try and breed these they are beautiful. I am thinking Buff rooster to them. They are penciled throughout except on the breasts. I do not have a cockarel from the breeding that I know of. I thought these were buff chicks until they started to feather out. If there was a cockarel it was a Dark. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The Darks are Arbuckle / Rust and the Buff was a Jim Burns bird.
Thanks Charlie

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom