Could I incubate them in my Oven?

steffpeck

Songster
12 Years
Mar 25, 2007
Erda, UT
My oven can go down to 100*. Do you think if I added a pan of water in there with them for humidity, I could put my day 9 eggs in there until Wednesday when my hovabator get's here?? I ordered the Hovabator the beginning of last week to be here before tomorrow when I need to put some eggs in the hatcher, and when I called today to have them track it, they informed me it hadn't even shipped yet. I was going to try to make something to hold my day 9 eggs until Wednesday when it gets here, and realized my oven went down that low. Do you think it would work??

Edited to add - I have a convection oven that also has a drying capability.

Last edited:
i dont see why not as long as you turn them and leave the door open a hair so they get ventilation
??????

not sure, all you can do is try it? did you order the eggs or are they yours?

Most of them are mine. 3 of them are Blue Orp's I got from Buster. I really wish that my incubator was shipped like it was supposed to be and that I wasn't dealing with having to make decisions like this.

If you're like us, everything is potentially an incubator!!
big_smile.png
I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Quote:
yep yep! everything can be turned into an incubator! i was thinking about trying to over trick...too bad my parents would never let me! i can't wait any longer for the bator to be built!!!!

Is it the knob on the oven that tells you that it can go down to 100° or did you check the temperature with a thermometer? I think I would check it over a several hour period before I tried it, with a good thermometer. I saw a thread once about someone using an electric skillet... whatever works in a pinch! Good luck!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom