Could I incubate them in my Oven?

My temps got to high in the oven, when I checked on the thermometer is was reading 110*, so that is a no go. I tried my crockpot, but it's temp got upto 123*, Way to hot. I don't know what I am going to do. I am so mad that my incubator didn't ship like it was supposed to. I just need to figure out something for these 9 eggs to stay stable in for 24 -36 hours and then my incubator will be here.

Breasts?!? OVENS?!? I can't believe this thread has even gotten this far.
roll.png

Why dont you just leave them in the incubator that you already have running?

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

Can I leave them in the incubator even though I have to increase humidity tomorrow for hatching? Do I leave them in there until the hatch is done or do I move them when my new bator gets here?

If your incubator is going to be here on wednesday I'd just wait to put them in. One day isn't going to make that much difference.

ETA:Are these eggs you're already incubating? I missed that.

Last edited:
Yes I am already incubating them. I have 30 eggs on day 18 tomorrow and 9 eggs on day 9. I ordered my Genesis the beginning of last week to have it here by tomorrow to move the 9 into and use my current one as my hatcher, but the company never sent it out. I have ordered another one and am having it shipped 2 day air (overnight was going to be $95), so now I have eggs that need to be put in a hatcher and eggs that still need to incubate and only 1 incubator.

Last edited:
when I was around 16 I acctually succeded at hatching some eggs in a 10 gallon aquarium. I covered it with towels, put a lamp inside and laid the eggs on a towel inside where I had some water in a bowl near the lamp. It was all guessing and stuff but its better then nothing.

Back
Top Bottom