could it be?? a pig with no eyes?

Make him work for his food. Put it under bowls so he has to sniff it out and find it. Put it in a treat ball so he has to push it around and gets just one piece at a time. You can make your own treat ball with any plastic container like a milk jug. Just make a few holes that are slightly bigger than his food. He'll also feel more satisfied if he isn't gulping down all his food at one time.

And yes, green grass is high in sugar.

and i looked at my local feed store website for a pig wip (what the store calls it) and they have a pig bat,
View attachment 2733630
I don't think a bat is what you want. That is used for swatting hogs to get them up a chute or into a truck.. A swine cane is shaped like a candy cane only it is much larger. It is used for guiding pigs to get them to where you want them to go in a pen, arena, or outside for a walk. It does take some training and you do have to get the pig to realize you mean business. You should be able to have no trouble finding a cane around fair time. You could call a local high school that has FFA and ask to speak to the ag instructor. Or see if you can contact a 4H. Surely they have pig projects and they should be able to help you find one..

im not trying to blame my parents here, but whenever i mention it, or anything about puting him on a diet, they say hes fine and that he should be that big, and he looks fat and healthy. i tell them that their wrong and he could be in a surious condition that may kill him... they dont listen.
I don't know how you can get through to them that fat and healthy is a contradiction in terms. The pig can be fat or it can be healthy, but not both. At least not at the same time.

I don't know how you can get through to them that fat and healthy is a contradiction in terms. The pig can be fat or it can be healthy, but not both. At least not at the same time.
This might honestly be because people think pigs are supposed to be fat. They're not, but that's what everyone is brought up learning

I don't think a bat is what you want. That is used for swatting hogs to get them up a chute or into a truck.. A swine cane is shaped like a candy cane only it is much larger. It is used for guiding pigs to get them to where you want them to go in a pen, arena, or outside for a walk. It does take some training and you do have to get the pig to realize you mean business. You should be able to have no trouble finding a cane around fair time. You could call a local high school that has FFA and ask to speak to the ag instructor. Or see if you can contact a 4H. Surely they have pig projects and they should be able to help you find one..
alright so this?
Screenshot 2021-06-25 7.55.30 AM.png

Back
Top Bottom