could it be?? a pig with no eyes?

Pics

Mutchi

Crowing
Apr 5, 2021
hamilton MT
My Coop
My Coop
i was looking at my pot belly pig and saw he ran into a rake and shovel... i started to look at his eyes, theres either no ey or its just shut, is he blind? is this just fat around the eye it is it a eye socket? i cant get any pic right know, i will tomarow tho.

I guarantee I would be able to get him up. You need to learn how to handle pigs. See if you can find something on you tube about swine showmanship. You can probably find a swine cane at the feed store. You use that to guide him and move him around. A good whack with it on the butt will convince him to get up. You have got to do something. Him being that fat is a very serious health issue.

just to be fair, we should focuse on the pig weight lose. not insults, or anything of the sort.
Nobody has insulted you or accused you personally of anything. You are a child. The responsibility lies with your parents.

The pig does not need a harness. It needs a diet and exercise. I personally would consult a vet at this point or find a home for it that will. I see no evidence of weight loss if it now can't even see due to the massive amounts of fat covering it's eyes.

You're worried about it's eyes? Help it lose weight. Want it to move more? Help it lose weight. Every single issue this pig has is due to it being morbidly obese.

Is there any chance the OP is pulling yalls legs? This doesn’t seem real to me
There have been many posts like this before. Someone asking for advise but there are parents/owners that won't allow OP to follow much of the advise. Could it be fake? Yes it could. Unfortunately, I have no doubt their are ignorant pet owners out there that have no idea how to properly care for the pet and refuse to believe others when told they are harming them.

If they don't accept the truth, this pig will likely die an early death.

https://fossilrim.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/RS53005_CAC-049.jpg
show your parents this picture, this is what a healthy pot bellied pig looks like, and then sit down with them and tell them you want them to hear you out, and take you seriously, a overweight pigs life will be dramatically reduced, he has very high chances of heart disease, and is most likely to have a heart attack, specially in hot weather. And as well with becoming blind, your pig can also loose its hearing, and when that happens your run the risk of having your pig become aggressive because it becomes afraid of its environment. and while you are having this talk, make sure you tell them how you feel about this, that you are scared for the health of your pig. If they try joking about it feel free to show your emotions and tell them they are upsetting you and you want them to take you more seriously.

Back
Top Bottom