Could my goose be deaf?

CJreef

Songster
8 Years
Apr 21, 2013
Pennsylvania
I raised an African Geese from one day old. She now is 7 months old. I am concerned that she might be deaf as she does not respond when I call her. She certainly should know her name by now. She is a friendly sort, eats meal worms out of my hand and gets along with the chickens and the ducks. I just worry she might be deaf. Any input anybody?
8 weeks old P1010544_02.JPG
P1010548.JPG

Attachments

• P1010548.JPG
    P1010548.JPG
    978.8 KB · Views: 0
If you can play her a recording of adult geese or goslings calling, don’t show her the video, just let it play, if she reacts she can hear, if not she could be deaf but it’s not a guarantee.
If she is deaf her quality of life won’t be reduced, she won’t be able to hear thinks like cars or predators, like dogs barking is the only issue.

If you can play her a recording of adult geese or goslings calling, don’t show her the video, just let it play, if she reacts she can hear, if not she could be deaf but it’s not a guarantee.
If she is deaf her quality of life won’t be reduced, she won’t be able to hear thinks like cars or predators, like dogs barking is the only issue.
She did cock her head, so She's not deaf afterall. Thanks for the tip.

Back
Top Bottom