Could someone let me know what is the best flashlight to get.

ginbart

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 9, 2008
Bloomsburg, PA
Could someone let me know what is the best flashlight to get. And where can I get it. I did get the one with 45 limuns. (spelling) But I can't see through the blue or green eggs with that. Tomorrow is day 18 and I want to candle them one time. (something smells) All I need to do is have one blow up in my hand.
lau.gif
I think we need a smile with egg on its face. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Ginbart, I just use a Maglite the LED type that uses 2 AA batteries. Mine are all Dominigue eggs, mostly light to medium brown. It worked great in a complete dark room. If U got one that smells, U better sniff it out, asap. With the color of your eggs and day 18 its gonna almost impossible.

Last edited:
Thanks for the flashlight idea. I'm about half way through my first hatch and haven't been able to figure out the candling thing. Didn't think of a dark room either. I have some cuckoo maran eggs which are quite dark, but I couldn't even get it with the polish eggs.

I got mine at walmart 24.99. It is a rayovac outdoorsman 80 lumens. There is a 45 and an 80 lumens they look the same, so be sure it says 80. I have all green & blue eggs, it works great!

I got the 45 lumen at walmart and I could even see the brown eggs fine until they were in the last week...then it was just dark! But I did see the brown eggs moving on day 14. I used black duck tape to make a funnel around the lighted part of the flashlight and took them in a totally black room. It was 10 bucks is all It was a dorcy little black flash light

Quote:
Thanks, I went to Wal Mart today and got the 80 lumens.

Now I need to wait until my husband goes to bed to get it out of my car. If he knew I spent $25.00 on a flashlight he would Sh*t.
tongue.gif

Anyway I will check my eggs tonight every carefully because of the smell.
sickbyc.gif

THREE MORE DAYS
wee.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom