COULD THIS BE A SCAM? Google Checkout

I've used Google checkout and it was pretty easy and safe. However, I would NEVER buy a car that I haven't physically seen, touched, or inspected unless I was so rich I could afford to lose the money. It's too big of a risk. I've heard of people buying cars through eBay, etc, but I don't think I could do it unless I check out the vehicle, first.

here's her latets answer after I told her well here's my email

that's even better, we have some family in SD and were planing on going up there before it gets too cold, we could fly up there and then drive up to see the jeep.

and her reply was
The car is already at the shipping company ready for shipping. I have setup this sale with Google Checkout so this deal must go through them. I'm very busy with my job and I'm out of the town so I can't meet in person with you, this is the reason why I choose to sell my car on internet.

Now, if you are serious about this and want to move forward, just mail me back with:
- Your Full Name - Required by Google Checkout (You'll receive important guidelines + payment instructions from them.)
- Your Shipping Address and Phone Number - Required by the shipping company.

As soon as I will receive the details from you, I will forward them to Google Checkout and declare you as the buyer. They will contact you with further information regarding payment and shipping.
Thanks, hope to do business with you soon!
PS:The car comes with all the documents ( title, bill of sale, full service records, etc...) It has a clear title on my name. The title will be signed under your name as soon as the payment will be sent to Google Checkout.

I'm walking away from this one.

thanks guys.​

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with Google Checkout, but a lot wrong with the hard sell - you're right to drop it. And if it was on Craigslist, I would report it as a scam.

The scam could be, that the seller will ship something of lesser value - then there's a delivery confirmation, which makes it hard for you to get your money back. Or the seller could "sell" the same item to several people simultaneously, then empty the account and disappear before they can file a claim.

I think I would send google checkout a email with there email address an the story.

Car already at the shippers is a sure sign of a scam. No real car seller would have a shipper come get a car an store it till it sells. The shipper wants the destination before pick up. A real seller would be trying to sell locally to.....

If the car is a junker Google Checkout or any other money handlers will not refund on the purchase for defective reasons they only insure the transaction.

Quote:
and her reply was
The car is already at the shipping company ready for shipping. I have setup this sale with Google Checkout so this deal must go through them. I'm very busy with my job and I'm out of the town so I can't meet in person with you, this is the reason why I choose to sell my car on internet.

Now, if you are serious about this and want to move forward, just mail me back with:
- Your Full Name - Required by Google Checkout (You'll receive important guidelines + payment instructions from them.)
- Your Shipping Address and Phone Number - Required by the shipping company.

As soon as I will receive the details from you, I will forward them to Google Checkout and declare you as the buyer. They will contact you with further information regarding payment and shipping.
Thanks, hope to do business with you soon!
PS:The car comes with all the documents ( title, bill of sale, full service records, etc...) It has a clear title on my name. The title will be signed under your name as soon as the payment will be sent to Google Checkout.

I'm walking away from this one.

thanks guys.​

Great decision!!!!!!!
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom