Could this be a sign....my first egg a'comin

04SportsterChick

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 24, 2011
Maryland
So my girls are 22 weeks I have the nesting box in the coop and it doesn't look like it has ever been touched. So I was out cleaning our trailer for our last camping trip before school starts back and I heard them boking louder than I have ever heard before. I looked up toward the coop and well when they see me they all start for the gate. I didn't see all of them but when I started walking they were all there and back to the little boking they make when they see me. So I looked in the box ( I always look just incase I am so eager to see an egg there ) and the shavings were all pushed around and cleared out in the center. Someone had been in the box!!! No egg but that is a start right? I went back to the trailer and finished. Once in the house I checked and heard the loud boking again almost non stop for 2-3min. Then it would get quiet for a little. One of my golden comets is in the coop and has been for about 8 min now.... Oh how I wish I find an egg!!!!!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

I couldn't resist I went out and looked and she is sitting in the nesting box!! She just looked at me and I slowly closed the top and left. OH I HOPE I FIND AN EGG!!!! I will let you all know!

I hope you find an egg! We got our first (3!!!) this morning. I, too, have been anxiously checking the coop, and low and behold they had sneaked back into the area where I keep my straw and laid there. I was so stinkin' excited!!!!
big_smile.png

O.M.G. You are very close to your first egg. It is always egg-citing every time. My new EE just began laying their little pullet eggs, and it is still wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom