Could this be over matting? Or something else?

OhMyGoodLord......I thought it would be a pinterest photoshop thing.!!! :gig
Hmm, most of them do look altered now that you say that! Digging a little deeper looks like they are more song bird or chick sized than chicken. I bet some of our crafter's on here could "rig" up something.. maybe with a connection between the chin strap and say a breast strap of a saddle.. to prevent the hen from choking if it can be grabbed a hold of, put a little beak handle on it. :lol:

But the following amazon link to helmets actually shows what it MIGHT look like on a Wyandotte (hen I think).. apologies if the photo was in the other link already or its the same..
https://www.amazon.com/Headwear-Cos...C6DBDPZ8ERA&psc=1&refRID=3RMRHGWCMC6DBDPZ8ERA

Wasn't @Weeg working on a helmet idea, like a falconer's hood? It covered the eyes too, but maybe it could me modified to fit the need.
I am getting my fabric today, and will see what I can do with starting designs. It will take some time to get a design going, and get it right but I may be able to do something like thsiin the near future. Thanks for the tag!

It seems all my whyandottes have a band of missing feathers along their heads. This one is the worst looking. Could this be overmatting or someting else. They are in an enclosed coop. Lots of room. And enclosed hardwire run fresh water and food daily. Acv and vitamins once a month. Treats once a day. Very well taken care of
For now, I suggest just wrapping the neck are that is affected in Vet Wrap. It will break under a certain amount of pressure if caught, and is sticky so will likely hold up on the neck. You can make it as tight as you want hopefully it should work. As long as they don't pull it off, I bet it will work! Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom