Could use some prayers and good vibes

melodie_a

Songster
9 Years
Aug 28, 2010
Sanford, NC
We are trying to purchase a new home. We currently live in a single-wide mobile home that we purchased the year after we got married. I say "we" but I actually mean that my husband went to a dealership and bought the house and called me at work and said "I bought a house today"
barnie.gif
He did this because he found a place that was willing to finance it without a downpayment, you know great deal.. blah blah blah. So, a few hours later with NO research done, he signed the papers and told me afterwards. You can probably imagine that the "great deal" wasn't really so great and the house was financed through Greentree financial with a horrific interest rate which means that for the past 15 years we have been paying on a singlewide and we still owe $24,000.00 The house is only worth about $7,000. There is a family that is moving out of a double wide that we could move onto our land for $40,000.00 (it is worth a lot more than that) It would double the amount of space that we have which we desperately need. The problem is that we aren't sure that we can get even get financing since it is a mobile home and we have to add so much for the house that we currently have. My parents have said that they will help us get money but with us owing so much on our current home it is going to be a tight stretch if we can't get financed. We also have some issues with the septic and whether it is going to work for the new house because they did some stuff wrong when we bought our first house. (Completely not our fault, but it is already costing us $400.00 for the county's lax work the first time.)

Could we get some prayers that it will all work out and we will be able to work out the financing without having to rely on my parents too much. They have done so much for us already and I really would like to be able to work it out without it burdening them financially even if we are going to be paying the payments. I am under so much stress between a very stressful work situation, working full time, taking two very difficult classes for school, dealing with an ADHD child who has not been doing well in school, taking care of the house and all my animals and the kids... I am just not sure how much I have left in me. I feel like I am stretched as tight as I can go, and I think I may be on the verge of a panic attack.
th.gif

I know I am rambling but it does feel a little better to get it out. Thanks for listening!

Thanks so much for the thoughts. I am going to start the process today... I keep telling myself that the worst that can happen is that they say no and we aren't any worse off than we were before this opportunity came up.

It will be fine, I just have to keep reminding myself that no matter what happens... it will be ok.

Prayers and good energy coming your way. I worked in the Mortgage industry for a few years and saw so many stories such as this. Have you looked into options to get out of the predatory loan you are in? Just thinking there may be options even if for whatever reason this doesn't work out?

Quote:
Well, my mother has already made me cry today because she called and told me that she and my dad have decided to just give us the money to pay off our current house. She said since I am an only child that it is my inheritance anyway so why shouldn't they just give it to us so that they get to watch us benefit from it instead of waiting until they are dead and gone. That will make it somewhat easier for us to get financed on our own since we won't be adding that $24000.00 to the loan. I am not sure how I feel about taking that much money from my parents and not paying it back, but we will work on getting the rest of the details worked out and I can start putting the extra in an account and either she can take it back or she can give it to our girls for their college funds.

Wow! Blessings all around! Your parents have raised an awesome daughter with values and honor. Your parents in turn have chosen to define monies properly, that the value of such is where you place it. In choosing to use this as a means to invest in your future shows class and trust, and love beyond the norm. What a great lesson to share, put the numbers of what is given behind you now, lighten your heart and focus on what is most precious. BTW, all of my children were diagnosed as ADHD/ADD so if you want to communicate, give me a holler. They grew up well, but boyohboy, not a day went by without me having to be on my toes.

Back
Top Bottom