Could use your prayers!! Things not going good at all....

Pumpkinpup

Poultry Princess
12 Years
Jul 16, 2008
North-West Georgia
My DH is a long distance truck driver who runs with a partner. Lately the company has been rotating them off every monday along with the other teams in turn due to slow freight. This is no surprise in the poor economy and we have squeaked through fine.
This past monday DH got the usual call from his partner that the office had no freight and would be off for the day. We thought nothing of it and he stayed home. The next morning, same thing. Now we were concearned. On wednesday I went to take him to work and half way there I got a uneasy feeling so asked hubby to call and see what was on the schedule for today. He was informed that his partner had called in and asked for "them" to take the day off the past 3 days in a row and what is up with that! OMG!!!! We then find out that the partner has been laying out on a drunk binge and calling in every day only to tell hubby that the office says no freight! He missed 3 days of work this week because of this! We are in a huge pickle now! I'm just shocked and hurt! I don't know how we are going to cover all the bills coming in and we didn't even spend more than a minimal amount of $ on Christmas, Good Thing Too!
barnie.gif
I am sooo mad
somad.gif

Prayers would be most appreciated both Christian and non Christian I don't push my beliefs on others and think there is more than one correct way to look at things
smile.png
Thanks guys, you're the best!

OMGoodness! I'm so sorry this has happend to you and I pray that things will turn around for you. Is there any way that your hubby can just call directly himself without the partner and go to work without him? Is the partner like a "superior" or something?

Oh hun, many prayers to you and hubby during this time.
hugs.gif
I hope it all works out...

Think your husband needs to get a new partner...and also make the Trucking Company aware that it was not his decidion to stay off work.........Your hubbies partner has a lot to answer too!

But I do hope it all works out for you...sending prayers to you from over the pond xx

Oh my word! Is there any way for him to switch partners? I think he most definitely needs to take this to the supervisor so they are aware of the situation. This certainly wasn't fair to do to your husband and he needs to make the company aware of it.

Prayers will be said for you and your family. Hang in there!
hugs.gif

Hubby made it known that he had nothing to do with requesting off time and that he needed to work. The office did put him with another gentelman whos partner had to be out sick so he got to work today. I just don't know what's going to become of all of this because they just started a new bid and that means it's going to be 5 months before a change of partners takes place
hmm.png

Hubby also told the office that NO-ONE would speak for him from now on!

I'm glad to hear that he did get to work today. I would be so angry if I were in your shoes.
somad.gif
Bless your heart! You know, people now-a-days just don't give any thought to others and this was so unfair to your husband. I personally think it would be more than fair for some kind of disciplinary action to be taken against your husband's partner. It would also be nice if they could somehow switch your husbands partner even though a new bid has started. You are right about asking for prayers. I'll be praying for you and your husband the next 5 months.
smile.png

My thoughts are with you Pumpkinpup
fl.gif
. It's hard enough being married to a truck driver but when the paycheck starts getting messed with
somad.gif
My husband drives a Side dump and is working an hour and a half away for the past several months. Weather is our enemy right now so he's only worked 3 days this week. Stay positive for both of you it'll get better
hugs.gif

Cara

Back
Top Bottom