Could you please help and tell me what breeds I have?

Wingsandthings

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 11, 2014
Fl/Ga border
I would appreciate any help in finding out what breed of chickens I have. The person I got them from when they were chicks told me they were just a variety and didn't give me any other info. They are all great egg layers and very healthy. Thank you.

Oh thank you so much for your expertise, I tried matching them to pictures but still wasn't to sure. Our big silkie is "Blue Boy". He is such a wonderful boy, always doing a great job looking after his girls. The little hen (with the pantaloons I call them) is Scarlett Ohara. I wonder what her chicks would look like?

I have a couple of other hens that I could really use your help with and will try to get their pictures tomorrow. They are a bit camera shy. Lol

Oh thank you so much for your expertise, I tried matching them to pictures but still wasn't to sure. Our big silkie is "Blue Boy". He is such a wonderful boy, always doing a great job looking after his girls. The little hen (with the pantaloons I call them) is Scarlett Ohara. I wonder what her chicks would look like?
Your cochin rooster is likely recessive white, that's the more common with silkies. If so, the chicks from the cochin hen would likely look like her. Silkie/cochin crosses are very popular. They don't get the silkie feathers, but have small beards, small crests, funky combs, feathered legs, usually five toes.

Back
Top Bottom