Countdown to Baby Chicks 2023 edition

Oh my goodness they are so FLOOFY!

I FINALLY found a lavender Orpington pullet that my son has been wanting for 2 years. I did not tell him I added one to our order. He will just be surprised when they get here! šŸ˜Š
I think all lavender chickens are so beautiful, they are going to have some lavender orps at our feed store soon. now Iā€™m wondering if I should get some to go with my faverolles! šŸ˜

just a month and 7 days left to wait !!

bad news šŸ™

I am not going to be getting chicks from that feed store, I just found out from my sister (who is friends with one of the employees) that you can only get 4 chicks at a time, and I probably wouldnā€™t even get any if I didnā€™t stand in the line for an hour or longer.
I guess thatā€™s kind of a good policy, especially since I saw one of yā€™all post about somebody buying all the chicks before you could get anyā€¦ but still, it makes me sad cause Iā€™ve been looking so forward to it.

I guess I am going to be ordering, so I came to ask yā€™all for hatchery recommendations??? I am wanting salmon faverolles, anybody got experience with ordering those?

bad news šŸ™

I am not going to be getting chicks from that feed store, I just found out from my sister (who is friends with one of the employees) that you can only get 4 chicks at a time, and I probably wouldnā€™t even get any if I didnā€™t stand in the line for an hour or longer.
I guess thatā€™s kind of a good policy, especially since I saw one of yā€™all post about somebody buying all the chicks before you could get anyā€¦ but still, it makes me sad cause Iā€™ve been looking so forward to it.

I guess I am going to be ordering, so I came to ask yā€™all for hatchery recommendations??? I am wanting salmon faverolles, anybody got experience with ordering those?
I only have experience with Cackle and it was a very good experience for me. I believe they have those as well.

bad news šŸ™

I ordered from Cackle Hatchery too. They have wonderful customer service!

Back
Top Bottom