Countdown to Baby Chicks 2023 edition

Pics

Iluveggers

Crossing the Road
Jun 27, 2021
NYS
This was my favorite thread last year! Once you place a 2023 order, post the details! We can pass the time together! Once you get your new babies, let us know and post pics!

Where did you order from?

What did you order?

When will they hatch/how many weeks or months left?

I know it’s early…but I put 2 orders in for June next year already! 😂 I will live vicariously through all of you who get chicks long before that. School lets out here in June, so we get them when the kids (and teacher parents) can spend all day doting on them!

Mt Healthy & Ideal

What did you order?

Bielefelder, Splash Laced Red Wyandotte, Blue Cochin, Naked Neck, 2 Barred Rock, 2 Black Australorp, 2 Blue Australorp, 3 Olive Egger, 2 Easter Egger, Silver Laced Wyandotte, Ancona, Black Minorca, plus Mt Healthy usually sends an extra of a breed you order, in my case pullet since I ordered all pullets. I will switch a Lavender Orpington for one of the Australorps if they become available that week.

I am keeping 5 (have room for 6 more but telling DS 5 so if we can’t decide we can keep an extra…that will 99.9% happen). Grandpa will also get 5. That leaves 8 to raise off heat & sell.

Week of June 19th. Six months to go! 😂 Please distract me!

Hmm, I'm not planning on ordering chicks this year, but I will be hatching them. Hope that counts! I anticipate being able to start setting eggs around early to mid March for late March / early April chicks. :fl

I did order some hatching eggs, but of course those are subject to whenever the breeder's birds start laying as well, so I also don't have a date for them. 😅

All Cochin bantams for me this year. Silkied BBS from my birds, and Chocolates (silkied / silkied split) from the ordered hatching eggs. We'll see if I break down and make an order of a few pullet chicks at some point. Love my Cochin bantams, but some of my family have been pressuring me to get some more large fowl hens for bigger eggs so... Yeah, we'll see. 😁

This was my favorite thread last year! Once you place a 2023 order, post the details! We can pass the time together! Once you get your new babies, let us know and post pics!

What did you order?

I know it’s early…but I put 2 orders in for June next year already! 😂 I will live vicariously through all of you who get chicks long before that. School lets out here in June, so we get them when the kids (and teacher parents) can spend all day doting on them!
I Ordered from Meyers for their 27 March hatch so should arrive on 28 March my birthday or the next day 2 welsummer females,2 speckled sussex girls,2 adopt me straight run,1 meal maker,1 salmon favorelle and 2 black copper marans

I wished they had spangled oeg bantams as I really like the one I have

Hmm, I'm not planning on ordering chicks this year, but I will be hatching them. Hope that counts! I anticipate being able to start setting eggs around early to mid March for late March / early April chicks. :fl

I did order some hatching eggs, but of course those are subject to whenever the breeder's birds start laying as well, so I also don't have a date for them. 😅

All Cochin bantams for me this year. Silkied BBS from my birds, and Chocolates (silkied / silkied split) from the ordered hatching eggs. We'll see if I break down and make an order of a few pullet chicks at some point. Love my Cochin bantams, but some of my family have been pressuring me to get some more large fowl hens for bigger eggs so... Yeah, we'll see. 😁
Hatching eggs definitely counts! Maybe some standard Cochins…are they similar to the bantams? Keep us posted on your hatch!

I Ordered from Meyers for their 27 March hatch so should arrive on 28 March my birthday or the next day 2 welsummer females,2 speckled sussex girls,2 adopt me straight run,1 meal maker,1 salmon favorelle and 2 black copper marans

I wished they had spangled oeg bantams as I really like the one I have
I love those choices! They should be a friendly bunch with pretty eggs!

Back
Top Bottom